Chapter 57

Blake-Achlys Huxley

,, What are you saying? ,, Nicolas stared at me in disbelief but I saw the shock in his eyes, heared it in his voice.

,, I don't quiet understand- ,, Chloe stuttered as all of them were gathered in the music room in school.

,, How the fuck did you not say anything?! ,, Dillon was the first one who yelled and I didn't blink as he did, just looked at him and let the anger in his voice overtake.

,, Is this a joke? ,, Anna threw in. She leaned crossed legged and crossed armed against one of the windows and looked at our circle around her.

,, Blake- ,, Nicolas hissed and stepped dangerously close to me. ,, Where. Is. Maia. ,, it was not a question but a demand.

I looked quietly at him, the ache in my chest heavy, my bandaged wound I was currently holding with my hand stinging. I closed my eyes for a second. Maia was with Benjamin. He had taken her right in front of my eyes. Had taken something I loved from me, again. Maia had not listened to me when I told her to run, had shaken her head and said no. He gribbed me by my shoulders and hauled me against the wall beside Anna who jumped away.

,, Benjamin- ,, I croaked out and Nicolas face paled, he let go of me with one and and wiped over his face with a knowing look. Dillon who stood behind us shook his head and groaned.

,, Talk or I'll throw you through that window and I will not flinch back. Now is not the time to play the asshole. So speak! ,, Nicolas told me and his eyes were formed to slits as his hand tightened with a fistful around my white bloodsoaked shirt. ,, You were in the fucking woods because you wanted to show her something and then your useless brother found you, hunted for you- because apparently that is not the first time he tried but failed and this time he succeeded. What the fuck where you doing in the woods?! ,, his voice sounded like a rustling thunderstorm. I had told them a bit, but not enough. Nicolas was furious because he didn't see Maia.

,, What is all this? ,, Chloe managed to ask with a blank face, her soft features in terror ,, What did Benjamin do- who apparently does such things? This is- we need to call the police, tell them Maia was kidnapped and let them find her. ,, she pulled out her phone but Dillon snapped it away from her.

,, No! ,, I shouted and she flinched at my sudden raised voice ,, No, Chloe- this is not how it works ,, I shook my head at her.

Her blue eyes stared back ,, But it is, Blake ,, she disagreed.

,, This is not how the mafia works! ,, I shouted because I was trying for hours now, to tell them and they did not once let me speak without interrupting me. She stared at me, Anna suddenly did too, wide eyes and shocked expressions. Then she stepped back from me.

,, What- ,, Chloe whispered but then I realized how her brain worked, the way her eyes dropped to my stomach, the way I couldn't bring myself to talk, the way this whole scene looked.

Anna hissed at me ,, You let the fucking mafia- take Maia?! These dogs?! ,, she wasn't feared like Chloe, she must have realized that it was no use right now ,, How could you- ,, she yelled ,, Are you so selfish- so naive and stupid?! They have Maia- someone who knows nothing, someone who went through torture in her life before, and you just put her through the same shit again! Just ten times worse! ,,

,, Blake- ,, Jones asked me the most calm but he was not calm ,, What did they say ,,

,, The masquet ball in three weeks ,, I replied ,, He has plans ,,