Betty x Sweet Pea

I've had half of this written and saved in my drafts since the 10th of January. I then decided in March, fuck it. We're finishing it. And you're going to see this... god knows when 😂

Betty POV:

"So we're just, done?" I asked as I wiped my cheeks of the tears that were rolling down my face.

"You're saying it like we're never going to see each other again" Sweet Pea had said as he wiped his cheeks.

"We're still best friends Betty, that's inevitable, whether we're dating or not" he said.

"Yeah but right now I'd want my best friend to hug me but you can't" I stuttered.

"Yes I can" he said as he stood up from his chair and walked over to his bed where I was sitting.

He wrapped me up into his arms and held me to him.

"Betts we're still friends, okay?" He whispered comfortingly.

"Things are going to be different and weird" I said and he nodded his head.

"But we'll deal with it. We've been friends since before we could talk, it's not something we're going to loose because we're not dating anymore" he said as he ran his hand along my back, trying to calm me down.

Sweet Pea and I have been dating for the past two years, but before that, we'd been best friends since the moment I was born. Our dads are best friends and live next to each other, so it was kinda inevitable that we bonded easily.

As of the past month we've been under a lot of stress due to the Serpents and we've just been fighting non stop. Him and I are in a bad place within our relationship so we've both decided to end things. But it's complicated. Even if we're not in a romantic relationship, we're always going to be in each other's lives. We will both run the Serpents together and we live next to each other. I don't think I could avoid him if I tried.

"We're going to be okay Betts" he said and I nodded my head.

"By the way, as soon as I get home I'm going to talk so much shit about you" I chuckled with a sniffle.

"I feel honoured you'd do it behind my back for once, instead of to my face" he grinned making me chuckle.

"See, we're going to be great best friends" he said as he slightly released his grip from around me. I nodded my head as I looked around his room, filled with a lot of my stuff.

"Our rooms are filled with each other's things" I said.

"We'll deal with that another day" he said and I nodded my head.

We stayed in each other's embrace for a small while longer until I moved myself so I was standing now.

"Do you want me to walk you home?" He asked and I offered him a smile.

"I'll be okay" I said and he nodded his head.

"See you tomorrow" he said as he laid his back onto his bed.

"Night Pea" I said as I walked out of his room and downstairs where his dad, my god father, was sitting.

"Hey darling" he smiled as he turned his head to face me.

"Hey Fp" I smiled as I leaned on the couch, using my elbows to keep me propped up.

"You okay?" He asked with a confused look.

I'm assuming my eyes were still a little red from the crying.

The break up between us is mutual but that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt. We've shared so much of our lives together and it kinda feels like I'm losing apart of me.