Betty x Sweet Pea

You're perfect <3

Betty POV:

"Let's talk in private" I said to Sweet Pea as I took his hand.

"Why?" He asked confusedly as he let me lead him to one of the back rooms in the bar.

I said nothing as we walked into the room and I closed the door behind me. I nodded for him to sit as I took a seat in the chair opposite his.

"Look, I don't want to get into any personal details that you don't feel comfortable talking about yet, but I've been really worried about you for the past two days" I said and he gave me a confused look.

"You knew about me and" he started but stopped himself.

"Joaquin, yeah" I said and I watched as fear covered his face.

"How?" He asked me.

"Sweets don't worry, no one but me knows" I said as I leant over and held his hands in mine.

"I noticed the way you look at him, and how we were spending less time together. I put two and two together" I said softly.

"We broke up" he said and I gave him a frown.

"What did he do?" I asked him.

"Hooking up with another guy" he said and my heart completely broke for him.

"I'm sorry that happened. He's stupid to lose you" I said as I moved to take a seat next to him.

I wrapped my arms around his shoulders as he wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his head on my shoulder.

"I don't get what I did wrong" he said, almost bringing tears to my eyes.

Joaquin is a real bastard to be making such a sweet and caring human being feel this way. I'll handle him later though, my main focus is looking after Sweet Pea.

"Sweet Pea you did absolutely nothing wrong, people who cheat, they cheat because they don't care about other people and they never will. All Joaquin cares about is himself and I promise I'm not going to let that bastard get away with it" I said and he instantly shook his head.

"Betty, you can't do anything. He might tell everyone about" he started and paused for a moment.

"Me" he said.

"Sweets I promise you that I won't let that happen" I told him seriously.

"You can't promise that" he said and I gave him a soft but sympathetic smile.

"I can, because you know I would never do anything to hurt you. I will make sure he says nothing. Do you trust me?" I asked him.

"Of course I trust you, but this. I can't do this yet" he said and I nodded my head.

"I won't let him say a thing Sweets" I said and he reluctantly nodded his head.

"Go to the bar, get a drink and relax. I'll be there in a few" I said and he nodded his head.

I walked out of the room and to the other side of the bar where Joaquin and his friend group usually hang out.

"Joaquin, lets have a chat" I winked.

Joaquin thinks of himself as a god, he believes that everyone and anyone is flirting with him. All I need to do is get him outside of the bar, and then the real fun begins.

"We'll do a lot more than talking" he grinned as his friends hit his back in excitement.

Men are absolutely gross species and yet I'm attracted to them. What is wrong with me?