Betty x Sweet Pea

hello bugs, hope you're doing well <3

Betty POV:

I walked straight inside of my boyfriends house and was greeted by a smiling Fp.

"Happy birthday darling" he smiled as he got up to give me a hug.

"Thank you Fp" I smiled into his shoulder as I felt small tears welled up into my eyes.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He frowned as we leant out of the hug.

"Just a rough day" I said with a chuckle.

"What's happened? You can't be upset on your eighteenth" he frowned.

"Stupid Hal didn't even say happy birthday" I said as I used the palm of my hand to wipe away the tears brimming at my eyes.

Today is my eighteenth birthday and my father, or Hal, as I like to refer to him as I don't see him as my dad, didn't say happy birthday. He's an emotionally abusive, narcissistic asshole who hasn't even spoken a single word to me in over a month. I will never see such a cruel and horrible man as my father. But then there are moments like this where Fp treats me like family. Like he's genuinely happy to be seeing me and to be speaking to me. It really means a lot when I come from a home where I don't often receive that type of attention.

"You're kidding me? Was he too busy sitting on his ass, looking at his computer with his headphones in?" He scoffed.

I often complain about how absolutely useless Hal is, and how little he contributes to the family or even just the house. He doesn't cook dinner, barely mows the lawn, isn't in love with his wife and so far this year we haven't even talked for a consecutive 30 days and we're three months into the year. So I genuinely can't see why he lives with us if he does nothing but sit on his ass.

"Exactly what he was doing" I said and he rolled his eyes in disgust.

"You're not happy in that house are you?" He asked and I raised an eyebrow.

"After all the complaining I do, you really need to ask?" I chuckled as we took a seat on the couch.

"I don't want to put any pressure on you but if you want to move in here, I have no problem with it" he said, which came as a complete shock to me.

"Seriously?" I asked, I didn't know what else to possibly say.

"Of course, and you don't need to make a decision now. Just think about it, okay?" He asked and I nodded my head.

"Thank you" I said and he gave me a soft smile.

Soon enough my boyfriend Sweet Pea, walked into the lounge, looking beyond handsome.

"Hey, how come you didn't tell me you were here?" He asked as he took a seat next to me and placed a kiss on my head.

"I only got here a few minutes ago" I smiled.

"Well, your present is in my room so come with me" he said making me chuckle as he took my hand and pulled me up.

"Oh that reminds me, I got you something too" Fp said as he picked up something from the side of his chair. He picked up a gift bag and handed it to me.

"You really didn't need to get me anything" I said and he brushed me off with a chuckle.

I removed the tissue paper from out of the bag and saw that he had gotten me a book that I had been telling him about lately. It was only put into stores last week.

"Fp" I pouted as I put the bag onto the couch.

"Thank you so much" I said as I gave him a hug.

"You're welcome honey" he said as we leant out of the hug.