Betty x Sweet Pea

I want a sugar daddy. Anyway.

Sweet Pea POV:

"Sorry if I'm being too clingy Betts" I said with a sense of guilt.

I've been attached to her hip for the past three days and only now I've realised that maybe I've been a bit too clingy and not checking in on her to make sure my actions are okay with her.

"Sweets in my eyes you can literally do nothing wrong" she said making me smile.

"You're too good to me" I said and she shook her head.

"Other way around" she said and I chuckled as I shook my head.

"How's your fist?" I asked as I reached out to hold her hand to inspect the damage.

"Perfect" she said although I could see the scab that had formed and a nasty purple bruise.

"I appreciate everything you did for me that night" I said as with a half smile.

"Sweets, let's not talk about it. You don't need that" she said sympathetically.

"I'm not, but I wanted you to know" I started before she interrupted.

"I know. And I know you would have done the same for me" she said.

I wrapped my arms back around her waist and rested my head on her pillow as I looked to her, although she moved her head away from me.

"What was that for?" I asked with a frown.

"I just wanted a bit of space Sweets" she said but I could see right through her lie.

"Betty if I'm being too clingy, tell me and I'll immediately stop" I said seriously.

I love my best friend to death and would never want to make her feel uncomfortable.

"You're not the problem, I am" she mumbled as she rolled over so she wouldn't have to face me.

"Betts, tell me what's bothering you" I said as I held her a little tighter.

She remained silent which worried me. I have no idea what's upsetting her.

"Come on" I said softly as I ran my thumb in a circular motion over her shoulder.

"I can't, you'll be mad at me" she said which confused me.

"What at all could possibly make me mad at you? Wait, did you kill my dad?" I asked with fake skepticism in my voice. This didn't even get a small chuckle out of her.

"Betts I do love the sound of your voice, so please use it" I told her softly.

"Sweets, I don't want you to be mad at me" she said.

"Just tell me and we'll sort it out. I'm sure it isn't half as bad as what you think" I said.

"I have feelings for you and I know you don't feel the same" she said which really took me by surprise.

I honestly didn't expect her to say that, but it's definitely not as bad as she was letting on.

"I'm not mad at you" I said and she let out a breath.

"But you're going to look at me different. Our friendship is ruined" she said.

"I promise you it's not. Might even let you have a sneaky peak of my abs every now and then" I said with a smirk.

"Please don't be gross Sweets" she groaned out.

"Face me again and I'll stop" I said softly.

"Can't" she said.

"Okay then this continues. Every time I finish a work out, I'll make sure to take a picture of my abs. And when I get out of the shower, more ab photos for you. I'll have the towel hanging real low for your benefit" I said and she finally rolled over.

"Stop fucking talking you six foot idiot" she said making me grin.

"Isn't this the part of the movie where they kiss?" I asked her with a grin.

"And what if I kissed you?" She asked me as I frowned.

"I can't give you what you want Betts" I told her with so much regret.

"I know" she said and even with the dim lighting, I could tell she was hurt.

"I promise this doesn't change anything between us at all" I said seriously.

"It does but I don't want to talk about this anymore. Or maybe I should? This is probably the last time you'll ever speak to me, let alone look at me" she said. 

"That is completely untrue. Even when we occasionally fight, I'm the one who always gives in so we go back to normal" I said.

"I just want to sleep" she said and I decided she was probably really embarrassed and to let her finally relax.

"Fine, good night" I said softly and she didn't say it back but I let it go.

——

I watched Betty from the door frame as she took multiple punches at a punching bag. Her strikes were just as powerful as she was.

"Hey Cooper" I said, interrupting her work out.

"Hey" she said, out of breath as she went to pick up her water bottle.

"Remind me never to get on your bad side" I smirked and she gave me a grin.

"You're always on my bad side" she teased and I chuckled as I walked closer to her.

Ever since that night, less than two weeks ago I've been imagining what Betty and I would look like as a couple. Before she said anything, I never considered us in that way. But the more I think about it, the more it makes my heart scream and my face all giddy and smiley. It also doesn't help when I dream about her, us, every single night.

"I did come to tell you something" I smiled and she raised an eyebrow.

"And what's that?" She smiled.

"I want to take you out on a date tonight" I said as my cheeks instantly flushed red.

"What?" She asked so confusedly which I expected.

"Well ever since you admitted you liked me, I've been thinking about us, a lot. Like a lot. And I kinda realised that I'm so insanely in love with you and I'm a complete idiot for not realising it earlier and I don't want to wait any longer to give you what we both want" I said as a happy smile and beautiful blush formed on her face.

"Do you really mean it?" She asked.

"Of course I do Betts" I smiled.

She let out a small little squeal before she pushed herself into my chest and held me extremely tight. I wrapped my arms around her as I always do and let my happy smile rest on my face.

"So, is that a yes to dinner?" I asked with a chuckle.

"A million times yes" she said.

"Honestly, if anyone were to watch this conversation, they'd probably think I just proposed" I said making her smirk.

"If you did I would have said yes" she said and I raised an eyebrow.

"Seriously?" I asked and she nodded her head.

"I've known you all my life. If I don't know everything about you by now, shame on me" she said making me chuckle.

A/N
Tbh I kinda just skimmed over this while editing so my bad lol