Betty x Sweet Pea

<3

Betty POV:

I hummed happily to myself as I applied some mascara to my eyelashes. I looked into the mirror as I let out a small squeal.

Tonight I'm going on my first ever date and I couldn't be anymore excited, and nervous. It feels beyond exhilarating that a guy, a cute one nonetheless, thinks I'm pretty and worth spending the evening with.

I'm also nervous because this is my first date, what does a person even do on a date? How should I sit? What should I say? How do I say it?

I was brought out of my thoughts when Sweet Pea walked into my room, taking a seat on my bed.

"I'm seriously so glad you're here. I'm so nervous Sweets" I said as I turned sideways in my chair to face him.

"That's what I wanted to talk about" he said and I smiled.

"I don't want you going on this date" he said and I gave him a confused look.

"Why?" I asked.

"He's not a good guy and I don't trust him to meet your standards and quite frankly, mine either" he said.

"You were happy for me yesterday, why aren't you now, seriously. Is this because of the talk we had earlier about boundaries?" I asked him confusedly.

Sweet Pea and I have grown up together, best friends since the beginning. Well, once he tried to smother me to death but he was only two and apparently I'm not allowed to hold that over his head. I still do though.

Because we've been so close, we're very clingy and cuddly to each other in away we both acknowledge that would make a partner feel uncomfortable. So we spoke about some boundaries we'd need while either one of us are in relationships.

"Betty I promise you, this seriously has nothing to do with our chat earlier. It has everything to do with the fact that he isn't a good guy" he said, I gave him a frown.

"We're Serpents, you'll have to do a bit better than he's not a good guy" I said and he gave me a pained look.

"Please just take my word, I don't want to hurt you" he said and I shook my head.

"Tell me, no matter what it is" I said as I looked into his eyes.

"He wants to use you to get himself higher up in the Serpents" he said with so much regret in his voice.

I turned around to look away from him as I felt tears well up in my eyes. This is so embarrassing. I can't believe he was only going to use me.

"Betty I'm really sorry but you need to know, you deserve someone better than him. He was never going to be able to give you what you want because you deserve nothing but the best. And trust me, he'd never be able to give you that" he said which only just made me feel more upset.

I heard as Sweet Pea got up and then squished himself on the small chair besides me.

"Lizzie" he said softly.

Lizzie and Hunter, two words that are only used between us, in private. It's our thing, amongst our many other things.

"Don't cry over some loser" he said softly as he gently rubbed his hand along my back.

"Why aren't I good enough?" I asked him.

"Don't even say that. You're so important, that's why he did this" he said as he wrapped me into his side.

I wrapped both my arms around him as I held him tight to me. He let out a sigh as he wrapped me up and rested his head on top of mine.

"I already have a few guys dealing with him. I won't ever let someone treat you like that" he said.