Betty x Sweet Pea

:))

Betty POV:

I had just arrived home from my boyfriends house and I had a lot of thoughts and feelings going on through my mind. I really needed to talk to my dad but unfortunately his car wasn't home.

I walked to my neighbours house and invited myself inside like I always have.

"Hey, do you know when my dad is going to get home?" I asked Fp who was sitting in his chair, watching whatever old people watch.

"Hello Betty, lovely to see you as always. Thanks for asking, I'm doing lovely" he said and I rolled my eyes playfully.

"As much as I love your old man tangents, I need to talk to dad" I said as I took a seat on the couch.

"Your dad left only a few minutes ago so he won't be back for awhile. Can I help?" He asked me and I gave him an appreciative smile.

"It's a feelings talk" I said and he let out a sigh.

"Exactly. So is Tyler here maybe?" I asked and he shook his head.

"Sweet Pea would come home if you called him" Fp suggested and I shook my head.

"Honestly he's the last person I can go too" I said and he gave me a confused look.

"Has something happened between you two?" He asked me.

"No, but I really need to talk about my feelings" I said and he let out a groan.

"Shoot" he said making me smile.

"Okay, I'm really confused on how I feel about my relationship with Jayden. Like sometimes being with him feels amazing and it's so nice spending my time with him. But then others, or most of the time actually, I feel like he doesn't notice me. Or I have to force him to act like a boyfriend. Honestly, I feel happier when I spend time with you, or Sweet Pea or even when I'm third wheeling Tyler and Anna" I said, letting everything off my chest.

"Sorry if I sound inconsiderate, but what exactly is stopping you from breaking up with him? You sound fairly miserable and we've all noticed it around here. You're not your happy and bubbly self anymore" he said sympathetically.

"I'm not always miserable with him" I said.

"Honey, that's no way to feel in a relationship" he said and I let out a sigh.

"I know" I frowned.

"Come here" he said as he tapped the spot next to him.

I moved over to his chair and squished my way into the side of him and the couch. He wrapped me into a hug as I did the same thing back.

"You know what you have to do. You knew before even talking to me" he said and I nodded my head.

"I know, it's just scary" I said and he nodded his head understandingly.

"Can I ask why you didn't want to talk to Sweet Pea about this? I feel like this is something you two would talk about" he said and I let out a sigh.

"Because breaking up with Jayden brings on a whole bunch of new problems between Sweet Pea and I. I'm pretty sure he's been jealous the entirety of my relationship and well" I said as I let out a sigh.

"I don't hate that he is" I said.

"When will you two idiots get together? You know when your dad and I joke about you two, we're not even in the slightest joking" he said and I chuckled.

"I know, I know. It's just complicated" I said and he raised an eyebrow.

"What's so complicated? It seriously couldn't be any easier for you two. You live next to each other, you work together, you've been best friends since the moment you were born. What's so hard?" He asked with a chuckle.