Betty x Sweet Pea

Enjoyyyy, I know you will tho

Betty POV:

"Todd, I need you to get up!" I said with a stern voice as I knocked on his door firmly.

He let out a mumbled strings of words I couldn't make out so I walked into the kitchen and began making him some cereal.

"Eighteen years and it's still a nightmare to get that kid to wake up" Sweet Pea said and I gave him an unimpressed look.

"If he's not up in five minutes, you're dragging him out of bed. I can't keep being late" I said and he let out a sigh.

"I'm sorry" I gave him a smile as I walked over to him and kissed his head.

I took a seat by his side as I impatiently waited for Todd to finally get up.

He thankfully got up and with his eyes still half closed, picked up his bowl of cereal from the kitchen counter and took a seat at the table.

"Good morning" I said as I took a sip from my cup of coffee.

"Hm" he grunted out making me chuckle.

"What time did you go to sleep?" Sweet Pea asked as he raised an eyebrow at his son.

Todd is your typical teenager, goes to sleep late and complains when he needs to wake up early.

"12" he said and Sweet Pea rolled his eyes.

"You bring this on yourself" he said as he finished his food and brought his plate to the sink.

"Yes yes, we go through this lecture every morning" Todd said annoyedly.

"Not a lecture Todd but you need to hurry up because you can't keep making Betty late for work" he said as he leant against the bench.

"Mum, defend me here?" Todd said and I raised an eyebrow.

"You really think I would?" I asked and he let out a sigh.

"Worth a shot" he said making Sweet Pea and I chuckle.

With a bit more nagging, he was finally ready to head off to school.

"Love you, behave" Sweet Pea told his son before he looked to me.

"I love you" he said as he pressed a kiss to my lips.

"Love you, see you tonight" I smiled as Todd and I headed outside and into my car.

"Do you think you could ask the principal to change the time school starts?" Todd asked as he groaned.

"You just need to sleep a bit earlier honey" I chuckled.

"You know how everyone says step mothers are evil? They're right" he said and I laughed as I shook my head.

I've been Todd's step mother for the past three years. He's an amazing kid and I have an amazing boyfriend. My small little family is my life.

"I love you either way" I smiled and he gave me a guilty look.

"You can't say that. You have to say something like I hate you and I'll steal your dad from you" he said making me laugh.

"You are an odd kid" I said and he chuckled.

"But you love me, so what does that say about you?" He smirked cockily as I parked in the teachers car park.

We walked into the school and down the hallway together when the Principal walked up to us.

"Betty, can I see you in my office?" She told me more than asked as she walked away.

"Ooh mum, you're in trouble" Todd smirked and I rolled my eyes playfully.