Betty x Sweet Pea

Hiii

Betty POV:

"What are you doing? Let go of him" I yelled at the man who had roughly shoved Sweat Pea against a bunch of lockers. I pushed and hit at the man but it was no use.

"Let fucking go of him" I said as this time I was the one pressed and shoved against the lockers.

"Let go of her you bastard" Sweet Pea shouted as he struggled against a police officer.

Those were the memories that kept replaying over and over again as Sweet Pea and I sat hand in hand in a prison cell.

"What do we do?" He asked me for the millionth.

"Please Sweet Pea, shut up so I can think" I said annoyedly.

I didn't mean to snap at him but this was a really stressful and scary environment. I'm not coping and neither is he.

We both remained silent until Sheriff Keller walked opposite us, a dirty and disgusting grin on his face.

"I've called your dad Betty and Sweet Pea since you're eighteen you get one phone call" he said, at like any second he could burst into laugher.

"You're a sick fucker. We didn't do it" Sweet Pea said to Keller.

"Sweet Pea wants to call your wife" I said, earning a confused look from both of them.

"Pardon?" Keller said sternly.

"Well if you're going to lock us up forever, we should get the opportunity to tell her that her husband sleeps with a new women each weekend. So give us the fucking phone" I said angrily.

I don't even know where all that came from. I guess when you're scared as shit, you really go into survival mode.

Awhile ago Kevin mentioned that his dad was cheating and he didn't know what to do. So now I get to use this small piece of information to my knowledge.

"You have no proof" he said but I could tell it hit a nerve.

"Do you want to test me because I do not give a shit about your damn marriage. I've ruined more than one" I said sternly, his smug smile fading.

"So let us the fuck out because if you don't I will make sure every Serpent gives you and your falling apart family hell" I said with so much anger.

He let out a sighed as he yelled out 'fuck', causing a big echo to bounce around the empty cell walls.

He unlocked the cell and instantly Sweet Pea pulled my hand and lead us straight out of the police department.

As soon as we were outside, Sweet Pea instantly pulled me to his chest, closing his eyes tight. I did the exact same as I held him so tight. I just needed to feel him close to me and this cold air against our skin. I only let go when I heard the sound of our fathers calling us.

I instantly wrapped my arms around him and he held me tight. For the first time in the past two hours I actually felt safe.

"Are you okay? Tell me you're okay" he whispered as he moved his hands to caress both sides of my face.

"I'm fine, but it was really scary daddy" I frowned.

"I know honey, I know. And trust me they're not getting away with this" he said seriously but comfortingly.

"I want to go home" I said as I looked into his eyes.

"Of course" he said softly.

——

It was later in the evening and for the first time in over 7 hours my dad left my side to go to bed.

"I love you more than anything, okay? If you need me for absolutely anything you come to me straight away" he said as he pressed a kiss to the top of my head.