not in the mood - Scaramouche

—— requested by reader 8Ult1m4teS1mp8, sorry this took so long!

pairing : m!reader + scaramouche / kunikuzushi
warnings // tags : fluff, might be ooc (AGAIN AAAA) scaramouche, school!au, modern!au, small crush, not proofread (when will it ever be)

You've always been a quiet person in the class. Someone who didn't want to stand out, barely talking to anyone unless spoken to, only participating if needed, just the usual things to lay low. The type of person people would look for when they needed you.

So, it confused you to no end why someone would have a problem with you. Why someone would glare daggers at the back of your head when you've done nothing wrong. He glared at you like your mere existence had wronged him!

You jumped your right knee up and down just to calm your nerves, waiting for the teacher to signal recess. Once she did, you took a deep sigh and stood up to walk to him and ask. Just this once were you building up the confidence to talk to someone first.

Unfortunately, he was quick to avoid. He grabbed something from his bag, perhaps a snack, before standing up immediately and rushing out the door to talk to his ginger-haired friend, Ajax. It was clear he was avoiding you, with the way he eyed you standing up and he takes it as his cue to leave.

You gave them one last glance before returning to your seat. "Did I say something wrong to him before?"

——

"You can't avoid him forever, y'know?" Ajax reminded me as we walked down the hallway, on their way to meet with their friend, Rosalyne.

Scaramouche knew that he couldn't ignore you, of course. He just couldn't bring himself to face his feelings as of now. He wasn't even sure what to call it just yet.

"I know, I just wanna process my feelings first." He says. Ajax nods at his friend before they both stopped in front of Rosalyne's classroom, leaning on the ledge, waiting for her to get out.

She didn't even talk to anyone, she simply grabbed her juice box and made her way across the students towards Ajax and Scara. She took one good look at Scara's face and scoffed. "What's his problem?"

"Nothing, he's just thinking about his feelings," Ajax responds for him.

"Why? Is there a problem? Is there someone messing with you?"

"Calm down, no one's messing with me," Scaramouche assures. Rosalyne raises her eyebrow for a second, suspicious, before dropping it and walking. "Alright, let it stay that way."

"As if someone would ever piss him off! He doesn't even talk to anyone else other than us." Ajax says matter-of-factly. Scaramouche could only roll his eyes. As if Ajax's situation was any better than theirs, he only talked to those blonde twins, him, and Rosalyne.

They sat down on a bench surrounded by plants, it was located just near their building so, there wouldn't be much trouble heading back to their classrooms. It was usually quiet in this area so, they decided it as their hangout space.

Rosalyne and Ajax chatted about classes, the new topics the teachers discussed, the new projects that were given, and who pissed them off in class. He chuckled on that last topic but, he never joined in.

Which wasn't a new thing to the two, they know he's thinking about something this time. They're both giving him time to process his feelings like he said he would.

"Hey," Scaramouche starts, the two of them immediately stop talking and look at him in curiosity. He was finally speaking up about what was bothering him. "Is the feeling I have for him right now admiration?"