in the comforts of our home

— idea/request given to me by reader @friedporkchop88 <3

pairing : gn!reader + Alhaitham, Kaveh
warnings // tags : comfort, fluff, can be platonic or romantic (your choice), can be polyamorous or not (your choice), might be OOC, not proofread at all

there is more to your words than meets the eye
word count : 762 words

Today has just been too much for you to handle. The amount of work that you needed to do and the emotional distress that came along with it just felt too heavy for you to carry. If one more thing came to ruin your mood, you swore that you'd have a mental breakdown right then and there.

God, you just wanted to burst out and cry... but, you needed someone to provide you the comfort that you needed. Crying wouldn't be enough, you'd only feel pity towards yourself and then continue to cry even more because, your brain starts nitpicking everything bad about yourself.

To your dismay, both of your roommates were out on their own errands or something work-related right now. You wanted to call them so badly, you've all been there for each other on your low days so, it was just normal behavior at this point.

Argh, but, the thought of disturbing them and feeling like a burden weighs on you too! Why is life so full of making hard decisions?!

You decide to just cry to yourself on your desk, wallowing in despair and letting the sobs fill and echo your room as you burrowed your head into your arms.

"I'm home," A familiar voice suddenly sounds from the front door. You can hear him tapping his foot on the ground and removing his shoes to exchange it for a pair of slippers. "Is anyone home? Y/N? I've brought some food since you were staying by yourself here today,"

You sniff and try to wipe away the remains of your crying session, one that you want to postpone for later, and respond to what you identified was your grey-haired roommate. "Haitham..? I'm here..."

Quick footsteps immediately walk towards your room and it didn't take long for his head to pop through your door as he takes a look at you with a worried look, though it wasn't the most obvious, you could tell from the way his lips slightly part. "What's wrong? Did an incident happen while we were gone?"

He approaches you and gets a closer look on your face by just... staring at you with a hand propped up under his chin as he stood in front of you, thinking. "Hm, you don't look like you got hurt... what's the matter? Are you alright, Y/N?"

Boom. There it was. Your held back sobs, tears, and cries all let loose when he asked that question, and you couldn't help but hide behind your hands and trying to wipe away the tears quickly so as not to worry him. That wouldn't work either way, he knows you well enough that you clearly aren't okay.

A small frown lays on his lips as he kneels down to be on your level since you were sitting down in front of your desk, his hands laid on your lap as his thumb drew small circles on your thigh to hopefully calm you down a bit. "You could've called me..."

You breathed in sharply in shallow sobs, still trying to wipe away your tears. "I didn't wanna bother you guys..."

"Don't say that, you know better that we would never think that of you." He reassures you, his eyebrows furrowed together before standing up and leaving the room, opening the door widely for you to follow after him. "Now then, let's go eat the food I've bought for you. Kaveh should be heading home around this hour too, it won't take long for him to arrive and make your favorite."