Who stayed the shortest?

characters : hutao, zhongli, venti, ei, lumine/aether, albedo, mona and klee, kaeya and diluc
with : gn!reader
warnings // tags : headcanons, fluff, angst, death, not proofread
word count : 1531 words

Hu Tao — —
- i just think she would easily the longest to stay by your grave.
- she's the one who prepared your funeral, she visits everyday, she talks about many things with you
- she'd give you a monthly update about everything that happened. if she has the time, she'd visit during weekends
- talks to you as if you truly were there, as if you two were having an actual conversation
- yanfei would often accompany her but, she doesn't stay as long as she usually does when she's alone. she keeps her visits short when yanfei's with her.
- in fear that if she stayed too long, she'll become sentimental
- "hutao, you can stay longer. i won't mind." yanfei assures.
- hutao shook her head with a smile. "it's fine, i just wanted to place the flowers here to remind y/n that we remember them." she says as she arranges the flowers nicely by your grave. "there! now your grave looks extra pretty!"
- "why the white flower?"
- "it's a white egret orchid, it symbolizes the phrase, 'my thoughts will follow you into your dreams.'"

Zhongli, Venti, and Ei — —
- they always plan to meet up once in awhile to come visit you, and everytime they do, it usually lasts at least 10 hours
- why? because they're having a picnic right in front of your grave. venti says it's to "make y/n feel like they're here eating with us!"
- ei brings the picnic blanket, some food prepared from her nation prepared in a basket.
- venti brings wine, zhongli's favorite. he brings a few snacks from mondstadt as well.
-  zhongli brings liyue cuisine as well.
- "it's been awhile, y/n. i hope you're doing alright there on the other side," ei bows her head to you in greeting.
- "long time no see, old friend! we do apologize for not coming sooner, it's because someone was apparently too busy to be able to meet up." venti glares at zhongli.
- "in my defense, i was trying to be present for hutao. y/n, i did tell them to come visit you by themselves but, barbatos wouldn't listen."
- "y/n would prefer it if we were complete," venti huffs.
- "ignore them, here," ei puts a few snacks by your grave put inside containers. "your favourite."

Albedo, Mona, and Klee — —
- i think they'd stay around for like... five hours
- "klee, you must be in your best behavior, okay?" mona reminds and klee nods with a grin
- "hello, y/n! i made these small little bombs for you," she grabs them from her backpack and places them by your grave. "aren't they super cute? i bet you like them!"
- "did you make those for her?" mona whispers to albedo as both of them watch klee talk to you
- "i did,"
- "is it safe?"
- "don't worry, y/n! these don't blow up like my bombs usually do! big brother albedo made them very safe for you. the design was all my plan though," she giggles and continues to talk to you about anything and everything. she even brought out coloring materials and a paper from her bag and started drawing to you
- mona and albedo decide to just wait for her to get tired so they can finally speak to you
- it took two hours for klee to finally take a nap in albedo's lap. "she's asleep,"
- "finally," mona breathes a sigh of relief, it was her turn to talk to you now. she glides her hand over your grave before a smile sits on her face. "klee sure did keep you busy,"
- albedo only listens to the conversations mona holds with you, making sure klee doesn't wake up

Zhongli (by himself) — —
- around two hours, it's all spent in catching up and drinking his favourite tea with you
- "it's a shame that you, too, have become a memory. you became one too soon, you didn't deserve to be gone so quickly."
- "i promise that you'll never be forgotten. you'll continue to live on in my memories."
- tells you about the lives of other people, updating you on how they're doing because you used to ask about them all the time
- by the time he leaves, a small gemstone is accompanying your grave

Kaeya and Diluc — —
- they don't stay very long... maybe around 30 minutes and then they'd leave.
- they don't plan to ever go there together, it's always a coincidence that both of them are there at the same time
- they both bring the same type of bouquet of flowers, just with different colours
- 20 minutes spent in silence just... looking at your name engraved onto the stone. maybe they were speaking to you in their thoughts, who knows.
- "you're not gonna talk to them?" diluc decides to finally speak, looking at his brother.
- "why would i speak to someone who wouldn't hear me? being in their presence is enough for me," kaeya says in reply, cold as ever. it was obvious how much your death had affected him.
- diluc subtly shrugs his shoulders before kneeling down on one knee, wiping off any dust or dirt on your grave. "sorry for our silence, y/n. i always have so many things i plan to say to you but, once i got here, the words just disappear into thin air." he chuckles dryly. "we miss you a lot. i wish we had expressed how much we adored you when you were still here,"
- kaeya crosses his arms and watches the few statements diluc gives to you, he still isn't planning to say anything.
- silence fills the air for another moment before diluc gets up, patting the dirt away from his clothes before bidding goodbye to you. "i'll get going now, kaeya."
- kaeya would nod in acknowledgement and wave goodbye. he gives your grave stone one last look, kneeling down and patting your stone and then leaving.

Venti (by himself) — —
- ten to twenty minutes, i don't think he'd stay for too long in all honesty
- despite all the goofiness he does when he visits you with zhongli and ei, he's more solemn and serious when he visits you alone
- he sits down and plays a tune for you, the winds do well to accompany his instrument as they sing for you as well
- "did you like my tune?" he smiles
- "i hope that wherever you are, you only feel happiness and contentment when you're there." he wishes and closes his eyes, feeling the breeze rush past him. he breathes in and sighs in relief.
- "i'll visit you again soonest. goodbye, old friend."

Albedo (by himself) — —
- five minutes, tops.
- he doesn't know how feelings work, he doesn't particularly feel anything at the sight of your gravestone in front of him.
- he's confused why people get so sentimental in front of a stone, people keep coming back to visit you as well and he just wants to know why
- he wants to feel sadness, despair. he wants to know how it feels to be heartbroken over you because he knew that you did matter to him. you had an impact on his life and it's not something that he should just look over because, that isn't fair for you.
- so, he visits. in hopes that he can feel something. every time, he fails to feel anything, to his misfortune.
- "i know i don't seem as sad as others do. in fact, i don't understand why people keep coming here to you and talk as if you were here. they know you aren't but, they bother to do so anyway. i fail to understand the concept of feelings and i... want to understand so badly." he grips at the flower he holds. "because i want to mourn for your death too."
- a breeze passes by and he stands there, continuing to tower over your grave. "look at me, starting to talk to you as if you were here as well." air blows through his nose, an airy chuckle leaving him.
- "i suppose it is a bit comforting, despite how dumb it may seem. well, i'll bid you farewell. my visit remains short until i fully understand the reason people come here to visit." he places the flower down and takes his leave.

Lumine/Aether — —
- never visits you, not even once
- they don't like seeing your grave because it just keeps reminding them and snapping them back to reality that you truly are gone. it's like a nail being hammered to them. a constant reminder that you weren't in the world anymore, existing.
- if they did visit you once, it was only a minute. that's it. they don't even speak a word to you, all they would do is stare and then leave.
- paimon gets worried when that happens because despite how quiet they usually are, this time it's just ?????? paimon just gets concerned because paimon knows how much you mattered to them
- after visiting your grave, they'd shut themself inside a room and cry their heart out silently or as quiet as they can. they just claw on their chest due to how much their heart feels pain.
- "are you okay?" paimon would ask.
- "i'm fine, let's just get to those quests." they'd say in return. paimon's eyebrows furrow together in concern.

——
last week was so tiring,,, anyways i dont rlly like this chapter :/ it just didn't hit the way i wanted it to...

HAPPY 400k!!! [pops the confetti] i'll take a few, selective requests 💗 kinda on writer's block :(