protective as ever - Wriothesley

WOOO!! WRITING NEW MEN!! MY FAVORITE MAN!! WE ARE SO BACK

pairing : f!reader + wriothesley
special appearance : childe ... and venti
warnings // tags : royal!au, bodyguard!au, slow burn, possibly fluff, shit ton of grammatical errors, absolutely not proofread
word count : 3770 words

Y/N was a princess of the kingdom of Meropide. Quite the beauty you were, nearly all the princes and royals across the nation wished to become your suitor, and hopefully, be chosen as the lucky man to become your husband. Which is why it is quite a surprise that until now you still had... no husband.

You needed to find a man to be wedded to soon if you wished to be the one to take up your father's throne. You knew there was a chance of being in love with a man whom you would start out a relationship with, surely you would fall in love with your husband as the marriage went on. Thus, you had no problem with the marriage, and yet... all your suitors keep on running away. 

You sighed and plopped yourself over to your queen-sized bed, mulling over your predicament and questioning what could possibly be wrong for them to run away. Did they not like the way you dressed? Did it seem like you were trying too hard? Ugh! "Wriothesley,"

"Your Highness," Your bodyguard quickly emerged from where he stood, approaching you to respond to your call. He was a man with great loyalty, having been assigned to protect you for over six years now. He was a few years older than you, and he does his job well as your bodyguard. "You called for my assistance?" 

"You stand just within my area, so I assume you can see what I can see as well?" You asked.

Wriothesley nods promptly. "Yes, Your Highness. I overview what you can see, as well as your blind spots to ensure you are safe." 

"If so, perhaps you can pinpoint where the problem is with me then." You say such a statement with a dejected look. Which Wriothesley reacted to with a slight knit of his eyebrows in confusion. It nearly saddens Wriothesley why you would think there's a problem with yourself. What on Earth would make you think that?

"My lady, you are as perfect as you can be. You need not change, there is nothing wrong with you." He responds, attempting to ease your thoughts. But, you immediately refute. 

"So, then, why do my suitors always end up returning to their kingdoms without me to marry?" You asked. Wriothesley was... stumped. He could not answer that question, much to the princess' misfortune as your mood quickly soured with the way he reacted to your question. You must be thinking there is no longer any hope for you. 

Wriothesley suddenly feels a sense of guilt in the pits of his stomach as he watches you fall over to your bed in sadness over your situation. It is not that he couldn't provide an answer to your question, it is because he didn't want to answer your question since it is... most likely his fault that most of your suitors run away. 

Anyone who enters the palace of Meropide is immediately welcomed with open arms and a warm smile by the princess and her father, but should they look beyond the two royals and see the person who stands behind them,  they are met with cold, glaring, intimidating eyes that send a shiver down their spine. 

The princess is renowned for her beauty, so it is only understandable that your bodyguard would also be the talk of the princes who planned to become your suitor. If this truly was the case then... Wriothesley was guilty. He could not help being protective of you. Your safety was assigned to him and he would vow to protect it with his life.