Chapter 10 - Library And Ichiraku Ramen

After about half an hour of walking and asking for directions Daichi finally reached his destination. A tall building stood in front of him. Beside it's entrance doors stood the words 'Leaf Village Library.'

'Based on the geography, the library is almost in the middle of this village. A public library accessible to all villagers. Just what I need right now. Alright. First thing to do is read up on history. Make sure there are no unexpected surprises. I'm not sure if there is a restricted section in this place... I'll just check out what's public.'

Making up his mind, Daichi went into the library. The moment he went inside a notification appeared.

You have found Konoha Library.

Quest progression. (4/7)

Dismissing the notification he observed the place. The building had 3 floors with several shelves on each one. He could see several tables and chairs and saw a few people reading or taking notes. And at the front of the library there was an old lady sitting behind a desk reading a book giggling to herself.

[??] [Fujiko Kaya]

???

Daichi couldn't get any information after using 'observe' on the woman but he could make a few guesses.

'This woman looks like she's over 50 years old. I don't recognise her from the story so she must not be that important but judging from the fact that I can't see her level or information, she must be high chunin or jonin. In hindsight that should've been obvious. The village wouldn't keep someone weak in charge of their information. Although since this is public I doubt I'd find anything dangerous or classified here. '

As the library had several sections dedicated to many subjects, Daichi decided to ask the librarian the location of the history books. She pointed to a shelf in the corner and resumed her reading.

Daichi came upon a small shelf filled with books of various sizes. He looked at the titles of each book. After a minute he took several books, went to a nearby table and started reading. He found a book that depicted the founding of the village and the different clans that joined shortly after. Although there was some information that Daichi knew from his past life that was not included in the book, there was some that he didn't know. But they were mostly common knowledge and unimportant.

Due to learning and understanding new information, you have obtained +1 INT

While reading the books he got a stat point in Intelligence. He read through several books as the hours passed by. From the first world war to the third world war and to the nine tails attack. He also read about the several clans that reside in the village. After reading all the books he found interesting, he had an understanding of the time period he's in and a solid knowledge about the leaf village.

'Hmm. There doesn't seem to be any major changes to the story. The history is the same as the one in the story. So everything is the same until now but since I'm a wrinkle in the time the changes should start to take place from this point forward. But I don't plan on doing anything big so the timeline should stay relatively the same. Right now my biggest advantage is my future knowledge.'

'According to these books the leaf village was formed around 70 years ago. And the ninetails attack was 5 years ago. Then based on my memories the Uchiha clan gets annihilated almost 3 years from now. And since I'm joining the academy next year there's a chance I'm in Sasuke's year group. Unless I'm mistaken Sasuke joined the academy 2 years before the massacre...'

'The Uchiha massacre huh. Should I tell someone... No. The events are already in motion. Nothing I do will change that. And if I do anything, it will only bring attention to me. Obito, Danzo, the Hokage, Itachi... All of them are dangerous. But the most dangerous one is Black Zetsu. He keeps an eye on everything. Definitely can't get on his radar. Not till I'm ready anyway.'