Chapter 69 - A Promise Made

Daichi looked at the 2 quests in shock. 'No way. Two quests for one incident appearing at the same time?' Daichi went through the details of the first quest 'Rescue Reo Uchiha' and then the second 'Follow root agents quest'.

'The rewards are only 12000 exp. points and reputation increase for the first quest. But the second one. If I successfully complete it then I'll get 15000 exp and the Uchiha bloodline and thus the Sharingan. The logical choice would be to choose the second quest as it yields a greater reward... And I can only choose one.'

At that moment the image of baby Reo smiling appeared in his mind. 'What the hell am I even thinking? I can't believe I'm even debating myself over this.'

Daichi made up his mind that instant and chose the first quest. 'Her life is more important and if I get the sharingan it'll only bring a headache for me at this time.'

Daichi immediately rushed to the bathroom of the academy. Since the classes had ended a while ago there were only a few people on the premises. After reaching the bathroom Daichi made sure he was alone in there.

'I can't be too sure about the classes but I'm pretty sure no one's spying on this place right now.'

He looked in the mirror and tried to come up with a strategy. 'I need a plan. Danzo's root Anbu is watching the clan and Itachi and Obito are at the compound. I can't rush in without a plan.'

'After the massacre there will definitely be an investigation. Only the Hokage, Danzo and the council elders will know the truth about the massacre but they won't be able to share it even with the Anbu members. And if this matter isn't thoroughly investigated it will create problems with other clans. The Anbu will definitely investigate everyone's movements within the village today... I need an alibi. And... I need to know what I'll do with Reo once I save her... I can't bring her home. It'll bring attention to me and her. And if Danzo or Obito or anyone else figure out she's an Uchiha, all my efforts would be in vain. And I will definitely become a target.'

Daichi thought about saving Ren and Kimiko but he shut that idea down. 'They will count the bodies to see if anyone's missing. And if they find a whole family missing then they will hunt them down and declare them traitors or secretly dispose of them. Either way, it's not a pleasant ending.'

Suddenly Daichi thought of something. He looked at the accepted quest. More specifically at the rewards.

Reputation increases with Aiko Hikara.

'Reo will be safe there. But I'll need to convince Aiko to take her in.'

Daichi came up with a viable plan after thinking for several minutes. 'Lets just hope everything goes well.'

He created a shadow clone and quickly took out Atamagai's invisibility cloak from his inventory.

Daichi looked at his clone and spoke. "You know what to do."

The clone nodded. "Yeah. Get home as usual. Same routes. Keep minimal interactions and no suspicious movements. And make sure to not get dispelled until you get home."

Daichi nodded in satisfaction. "Good. Go."

Once the clone left Daichi quickly wore the cloak.

Special Item equipped.

Atamagai's cloak activated.

A holographic bar appeared above the Mini-Map showing how much time was left for the cloak to stay active. Right next to it was a button for ON/OFF.