Chapter 156 - First C Rank Mission

It was almost 9:30 in the morning. Kakashi slowly walked through the forest of Training ground 3 and found his student meditating. He quietly walked up to Daichi and before he could announce himself he saw the boy open his eyes and look at him. 'His senses are good. I made sure to keep my chakra and the sound of my footsteps concealed.'

"So what's the excuse for being late this time?" Daichi asked the man.

"Well, you see on my way here a black cat crossed my path and- "

"And you had to take the long way around?" Daichi interrupted him with a smirk.

"Well no... It looked so hungry, I had to feed it. So I took it home, fed it some milk and then took the long way around... You know. To avoid any bad luck." The Jonin ninja replied with a somewhat smug manner.

Daichi just sighed at the man's quirks. "Let's just get the missions."

Both of them made their way to the Hokage tower. As they walked Kakashi spoke. "You know, meditation helps with chakra control, managing stress, reducing negative emotions and makes one self aware..."

"Is there a question in there?" Daichi asked.

"Your chakra control is already as good as it will ever get. And you don't look like someone who's stressed. You have a good grip on your emotions... Well most of the time anyway. And I'm sure you can make an objective evaluation of yourself..."

"I'm still not hearing a question."

Kakashi turned to look at his student. "Why do you meditate?"

Daichi wasn't all that surprised by the question. 'With all the time I've spent meditating it would have been weird if he hadn't asked me this.'

Daichi decided to give a partial truth as an answer. "Meditation helps me focus more. It helps with gathering chakra and moving it throughout my body. And I will have a better understanding of how fast my chakra moves through my coils. How quickly I can release chakra through my chakra points and execute techniques. I would also be able to know if there were abnormalities within my body."

Kakashi nodded as he heard that answer. 'A person would require extreme discipline and knowledge to achieve something like that.'

They didn't say anything else and soon reached the Hokage tower. Daichi and Kakashi met the Hokage after a short wait.

"Well... We have a few D Rank missions..." The old kage spoke but he saw Daichi let out a tired sigh and slightly smiled. 'It's a bit soon but perhaps it's time I gave him something else.'

"But we also have a C Rank mission that I think would be perfect for your team." The old leader saw Daichi's eyes lighting up as he heard those words.

Kakashi was only slightly surprised to hear that. 'So he's starting to test the waters with Daichi. See how the kid operates.'

"What do you say Daichi? Are you ready for a C Rank mission."

"Yes sir." Daichi replied excitedly.

"Very well. Your mission is to escort the goods trader Hanz to the capital. Protect the Goods and escort the man to the capital and back. Daichi, since you've spent some time in the capital I believe your team is perfect for this assignment." The Hokage told them the mission. He gave the mission scroll to Kakashi.

At that moment a new quest appeared for Daichi.

[Quest created - Escort Hanz to and from the Capital.]

[Hanz is a merchant that makes frequent trips to the capital. Escort him and his products safely to the capital and back and complete this C Rank mission.]