Chapter 80 - Origin of a Teacher Student Bond

Daichi was walking through the somewhat quiet streets of the leaf village. Even though a week had passed the villagers were still reeling from the Uchiha incident.

Daichi slightly shook his head as if to get rid of the memories of that incident. His mind then went to the messages he got last night.

'Not only did I get a new skill, with all the experience points I was able to level up to 38... There are four more years before my class graduates. If I decide to graduate with them, then I'll have plenty of time to master all the 5 chakra nature elements... But should I wait that long...?'

Daichi let out a short sigh. 'I'll decide when the time comes.' Before long he reached the academy grounds.

It didn't take long for him to reach his classroom. As Daichi entered the room he saw some kids whispering and pointing towards Sasuke. He could somewhat hear their discussion.

As Daichi looked at Sasuke he thought about the question Kensei had asked him that morning.

Flashback.

"Are you going to tell Sasuke Uchiha about the girl?" Kensei asked the question as Daichi was about to leave for the academy.

Daichi halted as he heard the question. He had been thinking about it for a while and made a choice.

"No! Right now the only thing keeping Reo safe is her anonymity. If I tell Sasuke, there is a chance he'll go and see her and that would put her at risk. I'm not gonna do that." Daichi replied.

Kensei nodded after hearing him. "It's your choice."

Flashback End.

Daichi looked at the brooding Uchiha sitting in the middle row looking out the window.

'It's also because I don't trust Sasuke. If things follow as it did in the story then Sasuke will turn against the village. When that happens... His character is unpredictable. He might try to take her away from the village or try to kill her... He's not someone I can put my trust in. I wouldn't be able to turn him away from the path of vengeance. And he needs Orochimaru's training to prepare for the future enemies... Or does he...?'

Daichi gave up on that line of thought. 'Problems for later.'

He took his seat in the back and leaned back in his chair. It wasn't long before Shikamaru, Kiba, Naruto and the others arrived.

"You heard about what happened didn't you?" Shikamaru asked Daichi as he sat next to him.

"Yeah... And even after a week the villagers are a bit tense." Daichi replied in a low voice.

"It's not surprising! Something like that has never happened before... My mom didn't even let me go out of the house for the first few days after it happened..." Shikamaru didn't say anything more and laid his head on the desk to take a nap.

Daichi noticed that Naruto was unexpectedly subdued. He quietly went to his seat and leaned back in his chair and just whistled.

'Perhaps he read the situation and felt that it was not the best time for antics... Or maybe he's just tired and I'm reading too much into this?'

Iruka sensei came and classes started.

A few days passed and things somewhat returned to normal. Sasuke competed with Daichi at the academy and Naruto resumed his pranks on Iruka. Daichi was focused on improving some of his current skills and leveling them up to 100. He decided he would start on the Nature transformation chakra in a week.