Chapter 83 - Meeting the Copy Cat Ninja

Daichi looked at the Jonin standing on the tree and internally smirked. He was sure that man was there since the beginning of the skirmish.

Daichi could have ended the fight with the three chunin spies in seconds but he wanted to put on a show for his hidden spectator. The reason was that Daichi wanted to cement his strength early on. He thought about the moment when he sensed the man lurking in the shadows.

Flashback.

Daichi threw his shurikens and watched the three ninjas clumsily dodge them. They luckily were able to avoid lethal strikes to their bodies but were still wounded.

Daichi could see the fear spreading on their faces. As Daichi was focused on the three in front of him, he was also keeping an eye out for anyone else that might be there.

'Based on my memories Kakashi should be here by now... But I can't sense his chakra nor can I smell or hear him...'

Daichi then had an idea in mind. He used Mana scout and the moment he used it and expanded the range he sensed the presence of a powerful mind. One which belonged to someone of Jonin level strength.

'I knew it. Kakashi is here. But for how long? I'm guessing probably since before I threw the shurikens. And he was hiding his presence. So that's why I couldn't detect him earlier... The fact that he is only observing means he wants to know what I'm capable of and then everything that happened here will be reported to the Hokage. I need to make a solid impression.'

Flashback End.

'Observe'

[??] [Kakashi Hatake]

???

'Of course I can't see his level. So that means he's even stronger than the old man...? No. I'm not so sure about that. My 'Observe' showed that Kensei's level regressed due to the injuries he received in the war. But he has a ton of battle experience. If he and Kakashi fought I'm pretty sure the old man would come out on top.'

Daichi then sighed and relaxed his posture. "Since a Jonin is here, I don't have to interfere with this matter anymore. I'm sure you can take these three back to the village."

The silver haired ninja tilted his head as if he was curious. "What makes you think I'm a Jonin and that too from the leaf? I could be an enemy in disguise."

Daichi had a small smile when he heard that question. "I can sense your chakra level along with its distinctive nature... Lightning chakra nature but also has a strong earth nature as well. You got 2 natures going for you. So I'm pretty sure you're a Jonin. And I'm certain my fight with these three had drawn the attention of the patrolling ninjas. I have no doubt they'll be here in less than a minute. If you were someone from another village you would have either attacked me as soon as possible or left without alerting your presence to me. So..."

The ninja put his hands in his pocket and leaned against the trunk of the tree. He looked at the kid below. 'He's smart!'

"What's your name kid?" He asked.

"Daichi Hekima... Yours?"

"You're a smart kid. Find out for yourself." With those words the ninja jumped down and looked at the three unconscious spies and once he confirmed they were alive he took an orange book from his pocket and started reading it, completely ignoring Daichi.

Daichi sweat dropped as he saw the iconic comic scene. He let out a small sigh. 'He hasn't changed from the show. That's a good thing I guess. I better get going.'