Chapter 174 - The Legendary Thief

Daichi instantly looked at the details of the quest and was shocked.

[Quest created - Identify the Legendary Thief.]

[A mysterious and highly skilled thief had made their mark all over the world. No one has been able to catch or identify this thief since he/she began their exploits. Find this person's true identity.]

[Conditions:]

Gather information and find out the identity of the thief.

.

[Rewards:]

3000 Exp.

+2 Level for Stealth skill.

+2 Wisdom Stat

+1 Intelligence.

Reputation increases with the client.

Reputation massively increased with Kakashi Hatake and Hiruzen Sarutobi, Shigeru and some people in Fire Capital and around the world.

.

[Failure:]

[Failure to complete the 'Quest - Locate and Retrieve the Missing Item]

.

[Accept Y/N]

The young Gamer's eyes slightly twitched as he looked at the failure part of the quest. 'If I can't complete the main quest without completing this one then is that really a choice you're giving me, huh system?'

He didn't wait for the nonexistent reply and accepted the quest. Daichi then looked at the guard and spoke.

"Can you tell us more about the Phantom Thief?"

"Daichi we're here to find who took Kenichi's family heirloom. Not to go after ghosts." Kakashi said.

"Yes I know that but... You just read the incident report. There isn't anything in there that's useful and I'm pretty sure the people who investigated this incident a year ago would have pursued all possible routes. What we need is a new angle. A different approach. Do you disagree with my assessment sensei?" Daichi looked at his sensei in anticipation. 'I have to get sensei to agree with me. The fact that I need to complete this quest to finish the main one means This Phantom Thief character is involved in this.'

Kakashi just sighed at his student's eager eyes.

Daichi decided to sweeten the pot. "Sensei, we'll go over everything in the robbery files and if we don't find anything, what do you say we look through the Phantom Thief's files? Who knows we might actually solve it."

The Jonin was silent and then agreed. "Fine. We'll do it your way."

At that moment the guard Shigeru chuckled. "Well, this has certainly gotten interesting. I'll bring the reports and files on the mystery thief while you two can go over the other report and see if we missed anything."

The guard left and Kakashi and Daichi went to a nearby table. They both took their time and looked at the detailed report and went through each line.

Kakashi carefully examined every piece of information written down in the scroll about the incident. 'Daichi was right. Whoever did this left no clue to trace. The ones who searched at that time couldn't even find a scent of the thief. We'd be wasting time with this report. We need a new approach...'