Chapter 173 - C Rank mission & Chain Quests

Kakashi and his student stepped into the Hokage's office ready to take on their next mission.

"Ah! You two are here. Excellent." The Hokage said and looked through some documents. "I have a C Rank mission if you're interested."

"Yes sir." Kakashi said.

"Good." The Hokage nodded and looked to the assistant Chunin. "Send him in."

The Chunin quickly left and a few seconds later a middle aged man stepped into the room. He gave a small smile as he looked at everyone.

"Kakashi, Daichi. This is Kenichi Garoya. He's your client. Now this mission is a bit tricky. A valuable heirloom that was in his family for generations was stolen. Your mission is to track it down and retrieve it." The Hokage introduced the man and gave a rough outline of the mission.

Daichi had a small frown as he heard the broad details. "So a simple tracking mission... Doesn't seem that complicated to me."

The kage just smiled as if he was expecting that response. "That's not the case young Daichi. The thing that makes this mission challenging is that the heirloom was stolen almost a year ago."

Daichi's eyes slightly widened and Kakashi sighed. The Jonin knew a mission like this could be a headache.

"Ok you're right. That complicates things." Daichi said. At that moment a new quest and notifications appeared. But this time there was something different.

[Chain Quest Initiated.]

'Chain quest? I've read about these... So that means I'll get more missions once I complete this one...'

[Quest created - Locate and Retrieve the Missing Item.]

[The Hokage has tasked your team with finding the client's missing item. Successfully gather information and track down the item to complete this C Rank mission.]

.

[Conditions:]

Gather information and find the item.

Retrieve it without causing any damage to the item.

Return the item to the client without damage.

.

[Rewards:]

15000 Exp.

Reputation increases with the client.

Reputation increases with Kakashi Hatake and Hiruzen Sarutobi.

.

[Failure:]

Reputation decreases with the Hokage, Kakashi Hatake and the client.

No C Rank missions for a while.

[Accept Y/N]

Daichi accepted the quest and a new notification appeared.

[You have accepted the 1st quest.]

Daichi was excited about this mission. 'Finally! Something challenging.'

At that moment the client stepped forward and spoke. "Hello. My name is Kenichi Garoya. And I would be grateful if you two could help me with my predicament."

"Well, we'll certainly try." Kakashi replied with a nod.

"Splendid. But let's discuss the matter over some Tea. I know just the place." The client and two ninjas slightly bowed to the Hokage and left the place.