Chapter 87 - Nature Transformation - Earth

Daichi sat down under the tree and looked at the leaf in his hand. He then looked up at Kensei.

"Any advice gramps?"

Kensei thought about it for a few seconds and then replied. "Every element is unique. For earth the goal is to turn the leaf into earth to the point it crumbles. When you're focusing your chakra I want you to combine your chakra. Instead of spreading it out, combine it and harden your chakra. You've used several types of earth jutsu. So you know what your earth nature chakra would feel like. Concentrate on that."

Daichi nodded and placed the leaf between both palms. He remembered how his chakra nature changed and felt when he used earth jutsu. He concentrated and focused his chakra into the leaf. He kept up his concentration and continuously poured chakra into the leaf. After a minute he heard the familiar sound of the system message notification.

Daichi opened his eyes and looked at the leaf. A tiny portion of the tip of the leaf had turned to earth. He smiled and then looked at the new skill he got.

[A new skill is created with a specific action.]

Earth - Leaf crumbling technique - (Active/Passive)(LV. 1): An earth chakra affinity training skill obtained through continuously focusing chakra to a leaf to turn it into dirt. A basic technique to help the user increase the strength of their earth nature chakra.

[Note: increasing the level of this skill will increase the level of the skill 'Earth Affinity.']

Effects: 1% increase in Earth Chakra control.

CP cost : 30/sec.

'Interesting. So this skill increases my Earth Affinity skill too huh. Makes sense now that I think about it... I thought there would be more effects to this skill.'

Daichi then mentally opened the skill page and went through the skill list until he found what he was looking for.

Earth Affinity - (Active/Passive)(LV.24): Earth Release is one of the five basic nature transformations. It is commonly affiliated with Tiger hand-seal. At higher levels the user can control the several minerals saturating the earth. Once this skill crosses Level 90, the user can combine it with other nature affinities which have also crossed Level 90. Primary affinity of the 'Player'.

Effects: 48% Increase in earth attack jutsu.

48% Increase in earth defense jutsu.

40% Increase in success when creating earth style jutsu.

20% Decrease in Chakra cost when using earth style jutsu.

'So training the leaf control technique increases this skill which in turn increases the power of my Earth nature.'

"You already picked it up I see! That's impressive. But it will still take a while for you to master it." Kensei sat down on the porch and watched his adopted grandson train.

Daichi agreed with that statement. "I know. Even with my speed, it will take a long time if I go like this. But fortunately I have a shortcut." He said with a grin.

Kensei raised an eyebrow at that.

Daichi made the hand seals for the shadow clone jutsu and created 4 clones.

One went to mediate a little ways away from the group. The other 3 along with Daichi picked up a leaf and started training.

Kensei's eyes widened as he saw this. 'To think his chakra had already grown to such a point. To create 4 clones and have them train... Impressive... The chakra of the shadow clone will return to the user when it is dispelled. And along with it the memories and... experiences. Since he uses 3 clones then his training time will be reduced by 3 as well. This is an ingenious training method. But... Thinking about it... there is also a risk to this type of training. Along with the experience he will also feel their combined fatigue. Of that I'm sure. It will push him to his limits.'