Chapter 165 - A Hatred Born out of Nothing.

It was May. A month had passed since the future Rookie 9 entered their final year at the academy.

Naruto and his friends were near the academy grounds enjoying their lunch break. Hinata and Sakura were reading a book while Shikamaru was laying on the ground looking at the sky. Ino was calmly eating her lunch while Kiba, Naruto and Choji fought for the food in front of theirs. And lastly Shino was off to the side under the shade of a tree observing the small insects flying about.

"Hey, hey. I came up with this really cool technique that I'm sure is gonna work against Iruka sensei. It's gonna be awesome." Naruto's excitement to use his new technique on his academy teacher was blatantly visible on his face.

"I'm pretty sure whatever juvenile technique you're gonna use is just gonna get you in trouble." Shikamaru said with a sigh, never taking his eyes off the clouds.

"Yeah! Aren't you tired of getting detention, Naruto?" Ino asked with exasperation.

"No way. Even if I do get detention, I'll find a way to skip it." The blonde boy said with his arms crossed. "And besides, the classes are getting boring. Wish I could graduate soon and go on some awesome missions. Like rescuing a princess or stopping an evil warlord." Naruto was eager to begin his journey as a Genin but he still had a year to go.

"Yeah. I kinda wish I put in a request for early graduation too..." "Arf Arf!"

Kiba and Akamaru agreed with that sentiment.

"I wonder how Daichi's doing? I bet he's going to all kinds of cool places." Choji said as he took the last piece of meat while Naruto and Kiba were distracted.

"Hey I was gonna eat that." Kiba and Naruto said at the same time.

The young Akimichi smirked victoriously as he looked at the two. "Never take your eyes off the prize."

Naruto sat down grumbling.

"Have any of you guys seen Daichi these days?" Ino asked the group.

"No. We looked for him in the usual places after the academy but we didn't find him." Kiba said.

"I bet he's on some super secret dangerous mission protecting someone important." Naruto imagined those as the kind of missions he would do when he became a Genin.

"Not exactly Naruto." Daichi said, standing behind the kid.

"Ghaa!" Naruto almost jumped out of his skin when he heard the voice behind him. "Where'd you come from?"

"Oh I just came to visit my pals." The young Genin said with a smile.

"Daichi! We thought you might be on a mission." Ino smiled at him. She had a small blush on her face as she looked at him.

"I'm just starting out. So I get assigned simple missions for the moment."

Daichi sat down with his friends and placed a small bag of snacks in the middle of the group. They all took some and began asking Daichi questions about his Genin life.

Daichi answered their questions and Naruto was disappointed to learn that they would have to do simple D Rank missions when they became Genin.

"Um Daichi, do you have any more books on Medicine? I'm almost done with the one you gave me." Sakura said.

Daichi was only mildly surprised. 'That book had more information than what's taught at the academy but it still only contained the basic information. Even so... I thought it would take her at least 3 months to finish. For her to complete it already is just... Well... Her strength at the moment does lay in storing information...'