Chapter 53 - 2nd Dungeon Boss Battle

The platform rising from the ground was composed of white and red stones. They were arranged in a clover pattern. And on top of it was a menacing 6 foot figure wearing a black worn out cloak. Daichi immediately used 'observe' on his final opponent.

[LV. ??][Raidon]

[HP: ??] [CP: ??]

[A semi intelligent humanoid puppet created by the dungeon. This puppet activates after every ninja in the dungeon is destroyed. It is the strongest puppet and the boss of this dungeon. It has 100 minion puppets and can command them to attack the enemy. This puppet is capable of using Ninjutsu attacks and is proficient in Taijutsu. Favors lightning nature. It wants to kill you.]

A humanoid puppet with a powerful physique stood on the platform. Its face was devoid of everything except the eyes in the shape of two small horizontal slits.

Daichi scrutinized his enemy. It had bulky arms but lean legs. The body was a combination of wood and metal. Its joints, arms and legs were metal but its chest and lower torso were made of wood. Bright blue eyes looked at Daichi as he looked at it.

'What the hell? Why can't I see how much HP and CP this thing has? Is it far beyond my level? Does that mean I can't win?'

Doubts slowly formed in Daichi's mind. But he quickly calmed down and regained his composure.

'You can do this. Keep your head in the fight Daichi. It's just a dumb puppet. You can win.'

Only a couple seconds passed with both of them staring at each other but then the puppet made its first move. It raised its left hand with the palm facing Daichi.

You have sensed killing intent.

'What are you up to?' Daichi's mind came up with several attack scenarios and he prepared himself.

The next instant Daichi barely dodged a water blast aimed at the middle of his head. A small thin but powerful water blast was coming out of the puppets' raised hand. Daichi dodged and looked at the puppet. Daichi could hear the trees and rocks getting destroyed behind him. He saw a small round opening in the middle of the palm and the water jutsu coming out of it.

The puppet Raidon, seeing that his prey had evaded the attacks, stopped the water blast and then raised both hands.

Blue lines of light came to life on its arms from its elbow to its wrists. It then spoke a single word.

"Arise."

'Da faq?' Daichi was gobsmacked as he looked at the puppet. 'It can talk?... And why am I getting a strong solo leveling vibe?'

The ground all around them started shaking and within seconds from the earth came dozens and dozens of puppets. Daichi jumped back and gained some distance from the new foes. The new puppets were around 5 feet tall and didn't look as strong as their leader.

"So these must be Raidon's minions. Observe."

[LV. 25][004]

[HP: 2500] [CP: 2500]

[A puppet under the command of Raidon.]

[LV. 25][073]

[HP: 2500] [CP: 2500]

[A puppet under the command of Raidon.]

[LV. 25][020]

[HP: 2500] [CP: 2500]

[A puppet under the command of Raidon.]

Daichi used the skill 'observe' on several of the new puppets. 'It looks like except for the name, everything else is the same for all of them.'