Chapter 110 - 4th Year End

Daichi and 7 shadow clones stood on the stone bridge. All of them were still and the only noise that could be heard was the sound of the raging waterfall.

The next second all of them thrust their palm as one and expelled their chakra. The water falling in front of them was quickly stopped and it stayed that way.

Skill Water - Waterfall Control technique's level has risen by one.

Congratulations. You have successfully trained a skill to its highest level.

500 Exp.

75 Exp.

Daichi opened the skill list and checked the results.

[Water - Waterfall Control technique - (Active/Passive)(LV. MAX):An advanced water chakra affinity training skill obtained through continuously focusing the chakra to control the flow of water. An advanced technique to help the user increase the control and strength of their water nature chakra.]

[Note: Increasing the level of this skill will increase the level of the skill 'Water Affinity.']

Effects: 200% Increase in Water Chakra control.

300% Increase in power of Water Chakra nature.

CP cost : 18/sec.

'Hmm... It's the same ratio as my fire affinity... Still, not bad. Three natures down, 2 to go.'

January 29.

"Happy Birthday Reo..." Aiko held Reo in her arms as the small child blew on the two candles on her birthday cake. The Matron and the children were having a small celebration and Daichi was hanging in the back of the crowd. He had a smile on his face as he watched the small child try to blow out the candles.

It was Reo's second birthday and Daichi made sure to not miss it since he'll be away from the village for the next few years. Daichi made sure to bring candies for everyone and a gift for the child. By the time the celebrations were over, the sun was already setting. Jozu took the child from Aiko and took little Reo to her room while Daichi and Aiko headed to her office.

"She seems happy." Daichi spoke.

"Yes. Despite being an orphan she's happy here. But then again she's only 2 years old." Aiko spoke as she sat down behind her desk.

"Why don't you spend more time with her?" Aiko asked Daichi.

Daichi shook his head. "It's not the right time..."

Aiko didn't pressure the boy. She knew this was new territory for him as well. "When the time comes she'll be happy to learn who you are..."

Daichi nodded and both of them entered a comfortable silence. Aiko had a smile as she looked at the boy in front of her. She knew Daichi had a good heart. She was happy that Reo had someone like him looking out for her.

There was another matter Daichi needed to discuss with the Matron. "I'll be leaving the village with gramps at the end of March."

Aiko was surprised when she heard that. "Why? What about your studies at the academy?"

"Gramps wants me to learn about his business operations in the capital and I'll have an instructor assess me at the end of each year. I'll be back by graduation time." Daichi replied.

"I see... You're going to miss her aren't you." Aiko asked, knowing the answer.

Daichi merely nodded. He then took out a scroll and handed it to the matron. "This is from Gramps. It's for Reo's expenses and for the orphanage."