Chapter 47 - Shadow, Illusion and Tank.

Without wasting a single moment Daichi went into action. He leaned backwards and stretched the ninja wire as much as he could. He could feel the metal spikes poking his back. The next instant he used as much force as possible and swung himself upwards. As he flew, he quickly weaved signs.

"Shadow clone jutsu.!!"

Immediately two Shadow clones were created near the flying Daichi.

One clone immediately went through several hand-seals and shot a blast of water at the raining debris clearing Daichi's path. The other grabbed hold of Daichi and tossed him up with enough force to exit the pit.

In a few seconds Daichi was out and above the ground. He used his chakra strings and attached them to a tree and swung himself to safety.

"That was close. Far too close..."

Even though he didn't exert much energy, he was breathing hard. Due to the Gamer's Mind being turned off, Daichi was feeling the shock of almost dying to a much greater degree. He felt his heart pounding away in his chest and the adrenaline pumping in his veins. His entire body was slightly quaking. After a few minutes he steadied himself and began to resume his exploration of the dungeon.

Daichi was much more careful this time. Time went by as he slowly went deeper into the jungle. 'It's now been over 3 hours and I haven't seen any enemy ninjas or puppets. But my progress has been slow due to the traps.'

Daichi, although successful in avoiding most traps, still triggered a few, hidden carefully within the jungle. Luckily he escaped without much problems. Daichi had his eye on the Mini-Map as well as using 'Chakra Sense' at certain intervals. He had no intention of being taken by surprise. As he traveled a bit further red dots started appearing on his holographic map.

'Looks like it's finally beginning.'

According to the map there were 2 red dots coming from the front. Daichi took out his tanto from the inventory and got ready. As he slowly and cautiously walked forward, the red dots reached him and were on top of him.

'They're hidden up in the trees and wants to ambush me. If I didn't have the Mini-Map they might have succeeded.'

Daichi, not allowing them to make the first move, swiftly threw several shuriken and kunai at his enemies. The enemy ninjas escaped before they got hit and landed in front of Daichi.

Both the ninjas looked to be around 13 or 14 years of age. They wore ordinary genin clothes and had weapon pouches strapped to their legs. Their bodies were gray and Daichi could see purple veins pulsing underneath their skin. They had dark purple sclerae and white eyes. Daichi slightly grimaced as he looked at them.

'These guys remind me of reanimation zombies. Let's see how strong they are.'

'Observe'

[LV.34] [Shadow Nin]

HP: 4160 CP: 3230

[A ninja created based on a Genin of the Nara clan who survived the Akagahara exam grounds. This ninja is proficient in using shadow jutsus to bind and trap his enemies. Although his plan was to catch his enemy unaware, he has no trouble adjusting to a change in tactics. Prefer to attack in a team. This enemy intends to kill you.]

Just as Daichi finished reading the description of the first enemy nin, he attacked. Shadows from his feet quickly extended and tried to connect to Daichi's but he evaded. Just then several fireballs a little bigger than his head were flying at him. It struck Daichi and burned him but the next instant the burning Daichi turned into a burning log.