Chapter 1: Interstellar Era

"Alert! Alert! Vital signs are abnormal. Nearby hospitals have been contacted for assistance. . ."  The piercing electronic sound suddenly echoed in the empty room.

A pair of slender hands reached out from below and impatiently patted the round-headed little robot, who instantly quieted down but not without adding, "The request for assistance has been cancelled."

The girl, dressed in white home clothes, struggled to stand up from the cold ground with her hands supporting her weight. She paused for a moment and noticed something that didn't belong to her, or more specifically, didn't belong to her gender.

After a moment of confusion, the girl remembered to take a look around the unfamiliar place. The room was decorated warmly, yet it was filled with a strong sense of the future.

Her eyelashes were long, her skin was smooth and plump, but it appeared sickly pale. Her thin body was typical of malnutrition.

Before she could take a step, a strong piercing pain rose from the depths of her soul, causing the girl to almost lose her balance. She instinctively grabbed onto the nearby cabinet for support.

Just as the little robot was about to start "screaming" again, the girl endured the discomfort and quickly pressed down on its head. The electronic screen of the little robot flashed a series of garbled characters, apparently very dissatisfied with the girl's rough treatment.

Outside the window, the scorching sun was blocked by specially made heat-absorbing glass, leaving only a faint warmth to balance the indoor temperature. The girl's forehead was covered in layers of cold sweat, her expression twisted in pain, clearly suffering from great agony.

Half an hour later, the pain slowly subsided, and the girl breathed a sigh of relief, collapsing onto the ground.

At this point, Luo Yaoshuang finally figured out her situation. She was originally a model citizen of the 21st century, and after graduating from graduate school, she became an "old Chinese medicine" who soaked wolfberries in a thermos.

After years of hard work, she was about to become a deputy director, but unexpectedly had a car accident on the way to work and came to the interstellar era thousands of years later.

In the interstellar era, with the continuous evolution of human beings, the distinction between male and female gradually blurred, and more special "second genders" - alpha, beta, and omega appeared.

Among them, the number of beta people is the largest, reaching 60%, becoming an important part of maintaining the normal operation of society. Due to their innate mental advantages, more alphas and omegas are involved in important industries such as the military.

The original owner of this body, also named Luo Yaoshuang, was a female alpha who grew up with the assistance of the imperial government. Like most alphas, she chose the Imperial Military Academy to serve the country and was about to enroll.

However, due to the original owner's cowardly nature and physical fitness not meeting the requirements of other departments, she could only choose the most mediocre pharmaceutical department in the Imperial Military Academy - most of the students in this department were second-generation rich kids who were just loafing around in the military academy.

As for the cause of the original owner's death, it was even more absurd. The government subsidizes a fixed amount every month, which is only enough to maintain a normal life. In order to save money to buy a birthday gift for her crush, the original owner didn't eat or drink for several days.

Finally, unable to resist the hunger, she drank some expired nutrient solution and was poisoned to death, giving Luo Yaoshuang the opportunity to coincidentally enter this body.