Chapter 18: Pharmacology Theory

In a corner hidden by flowers and grass, there grows an inconspicuous low shrub with slender leaves and small pale yellow flowers, which from afar looks like wild grass by the roadside. 

However, Luo Yaoshuang recognized at a glance that it was Huang Jing, a traditional Chinese medicine frequently used for soup on ancient Earth. 

After coming to the interstellar world, Luo Yaoshuang found that traditional Chinese medicine culture had almost disappeared into the long river of history, and even the commonly seen Chinese medicinal herbs had vanished without a trace. This made Luo Yaoshuang very regretful. 

But now, unexpectedly seeing this familiar Huang Jing in the garden, Luo Yaoshuang was somewhat excited. The growth of Huang Jing was very regular, and it was obvious that it had been carefully tended, but unfortunately, the method of care was incorrect, which made the Huang Jing plant look a little sickly. 

"Yaoshuang, what are you looking at?" Yan Songyun put down her hand and waved in front of Luo Yaoshuang, who was lost in thought. 

Luo Yaoshuang came back to her senses and smiled, "I was lost in thought just now. What did you say?"

Yan Songyun repeated, "I said, do you want to go to the library? I heard that the library of the Imperial Military Academy is second only to the University of the Capital." 

"Okay."  Luo Yaoshuang reluctantly glanced at the nearby Huang Jing bushes and left with Yan Songyun. 

Shortly after the two left, an old man carrying a hoe and humming a tune walked into the flower bed and began weeding the Huang Jing bushes, muttering to himself, "Where did I go wrong? I've read all the classics, why are my little darlings still sickly?"

The library of the Imperial Military Academy was a three-story building. The front borrowing room provided electronic books. After scanning their identity cards, they could browse books on the light brain. Behind it, there are a few paper books that have been preserved for thousands of years. These books have no special requirements and are not allowed to be borrowed. 

While Luo Yaoshuang was borrowing some pharmaceutical-related materials with her identity card, she thought to herself: "Are paper books really that precious? But Odin's study has a whole room full of paper books. . ." 

She thought this way and casually asked, "Are paper books really that precious?"

Yan Songyun looked at her in surprise, as if he was looking at an alien." Yaoshuang, don't you know? When humans left the ancient Earth, they lost many paper books and materials. Even most of the books stored in the library are later photocopies. Despite this, they are still treasured." 

Luo Yaoshuang remained silent for a moment, but Yan Songyun spoke again, "But I heard that the Louis family has collected many precious books. Several old guys from the Imperial Academy of Sciences have been trying to persuade the head of the Louis family to donate the books, but they are not stupid and naturally refuse. The Louis family is not afraid of these old guys, so they have to swallow their pride." 

"So, where did you hear this rumor?" Luo Yaoshuang asked, half-believing. 

Yan Songyun smoothed his messy hair in front of his forehead." Don't you know who I am? People call me 'the informant. ' There is nothing I don't know on this planet." 

Yan Songyun's somewhat old-fashioned nickname stunned Luo Yaoshuang for a moment. After a while, she asked sincerely, "Do you know who the next emperor will be?"

"Ahem, ahem," Yan Songyun laughed awkwardly." How can I, a new student who has just entered the school, dare to speak more about the country's major affairs?"