Chapter 38: Envy and Harassment

When Luo Yaoshuang arrived at the Empire Military Academy recruitment point, it was already crowded with people and there was a long line. 

Despite Luo Yaoshuang's intentional low profile and special disguise, completely disguising her appearance as another person, her outstanding temperament still stood out among the crowd. 

"Friend, are you also here to participate in the recruitment?" A sharp-eyed male beta asked eagerly. 

Although Luo Yaoshuang didn't like talking to strangers, she didn't show any unusual expression on her face and replied, "Yes, I heard there are opportunities here so I came." 

The male beta raised his eyebrows and lowered his voice to ask, "Are you also from another star system? Be careful not to be discovered." 

Luo Yaoshuang looked puzzled and said, "I am indeed a local here. You must have misunderstood. Aren't you?"

Being caught off guard by Luo Yaoshuang's response, the man felt embarrassed and his voice trembled a little, "Of course not! I just thought you had an extraordinary temperament and asked out of kindness. I didn't expect you to be ungrateful."  After speaking, the male beta pretended to be angry and left. 

Luo Yaoshuang's lips curled slightly. She knew in her heart whether the man was trying to test her or really had good intentions, but she didn't expose him. 

She just casually mentioned that his identity was wrong, but she didn't expect him to react like an angry cat. Such a person couldn't even act, let alone sneak into the Empire Military Academy. 

Luo Yaoshuang quietly lined up at the end of the queue. The long line was like a slowly wriggling earthworm, and it took a long time for Luo Yaoshuang to finally reach the front." What's your name?" the registration staff asked. 

Before Luo Yaoshuang could speak, she heard a sharp voice next to her say, "How could it be fake? I am Zhang Ran!"

She looked over to where the voice came from and saw the male beta who had started talking to her. He must have been identified incorrectly and was struggling to survive. 

The staff member in front of the male beta had a serious expression." Our system could not possibly be wrong. There is no match for your identity among all the registered Zhang Rans in the backward galaxy. Your identity is fake." 

"I. . . you. . ."  The male beta wanted to struggle, but the staff member interrupted him without hesitation." If you don't leave, I will have security arrest you according to imperial law!"

Hearing the staff member mention the law, the male beta was frightened. His eyes rolled and he shouted at Luo Yaoshuang, "This person is with me, and her identity is also fake!"

Luo Yaoshuang didn't expect to be caught up in this mess. She said innocently, "Do we know each other?"

The male beta, for some reason, insisted that Luo Yaoshuang's identity was also wrong and said, "You can ask others. We were just standing together and talking." 

Indeed, there were several people in the queue who saw the scene of the two of them standing together and talking just now. They nodded and said, "They did talk just now." 

Luo Yaoshuang was speechless at the male beta's move. He was just trying to drag someone down with him, but Luo Yaoshuang was not stupid." You said we know each other, then do you know my name? Is it from which planet of the backward galaxy?" Luo Yaoshuang asked calmly. 

"I. . . the name you told me is definitely not your real name and identity. You're afraid that I'll be caught and drag you down!" The male beta's tone was clearly panicked.