Chapter 45: The Internal Strife of the Jiang Family

"Luo, have you heard? It seems that there's a problem with Jiang family's industry."  That day, Luo Yaoshuang had just finished class and returned to the dormitory when Eric stopped him mysteriously. 

Luo Yaoshuang was stunned and asked, "Where did you hear that?"

Eric replied, "The Star Network is in an uproar. They say that a batch of goods from the Jiang family has been found to contain contraband and is currently under investigation by the imperial government. If the situation is true, the person in charge of the Jiang family's goods is likely to face imprisonment, and the Jiang family's business will suffer greatly!"

Luo Yaoshuang frowned slightly and looked serious." I understand. Thank you, Eric." 

Luo Yaoshuang immediately sent a video request to Jiang Songchi, but there was no answer. Luo Yaoshuang realized that this matter was likely not groundless. 

Jiang Songchi was currently in the old mansion of the Jiang family. All the members of the Jiang family were gathered here, looking serious. 

"We have always been careful. How could such a thing happen?" Even the usually smiling Jiang matriarch had a fierce expression on her face, clearly puzzled as to why this had happened. 

The Jiang patriarch looked at everyone and said, "I am responsible for this matter. If something goes wrong, I should take responsibility. However, I can guarantee that I really don't know why contraband would appear in the goods." 

The Jiang matriarch grabbed the Jiang patriarch's clothes tightly and was very nervous." What do you mean? Are you not taking care of us mother and daughter?"

Jiang Yuezhu, who was sitting next to the Jiang matriarch, also looked worried and looked at the Jiang patriarch with a hint of panic in her eyes. 

Jiang Er Ye had been observing Jiang Yuezhu's movements. Seeing her face showing an unusual nervousness, he closed his eyes wearily with some understanding in his heart. 

After experiencing many hardships, Jiang Lao Furen quickly calmed down after a brief panic: "Now is not the time to investigate whose responsibility it is. We should find out what happened and deal with the government's harassment." 

Jiang Lao Furen looked at her most proud grandson and asked, "Songchi, what do you think of this matter?"

Jiang Songchi's gaze swept across the faces of the Jiang family members. When he passed by Jiang Yuezhu, he paused noticeably, then moved away without leaving a trace. 

"I think this matter is very suspicious. I suspect that someone has conspired with outsiders to frame the Jiang family. As for the purpose, it is unknown," Jiang Songchi said in a calm tone. 

Jiang Yuezhu didn't know what triggered her, but her tone was a bit sharp: "I don't think we should suspect our own family members as soon as something happens. Isn't this going to divide us? Maybe the people outside are still watching and haven't acted yet. Because of your words, we are already in turmoil." 

Jiang Songchi raised his eyebrows and asked, "I just have doubts, and I haven't said for sure that it's our Jiang family. Yuezhu, there's no need to get so excited, right?"

Jiang Yuezhu's eyes flashed with panic as she explained, "I'm just worried that you might say something wrong and make everyone uncomfortable." 

Jiang Songchi smiled and didn't engage in unnecessary arguments with Jiang Yuezhu on this matter. 

Jiang Er Ye seemed to have not noticed the undercurrents between the two and said to himself, "Our family has just emerged, and we've already been sent to the hot search on the Star Network. This makes people suspect that it's aimed at us." Besides, there are already no less than five companies that have expressed their intention to terminate cooperation with us, and there are also several people who want to take advantage of the situation and propose a marriage alliance with our family to solve this crisis. The objects they want to marry are all Songchi.