051.

📍Qatar 🇶🇦

BLUE DREAM

.BLUE DREAM.

JUDE KNEW IT was too good to be true.

he was looking in disbelief and his heart sank to his stomach.

sweat was visible on his forehead and his hands were on his hips. he felt his nose burned and his throat ached. he wanted to cry so bad. he let his head fall down. the entire England team was either disappointed, crying or sat in silence on the green pitch.

he watched with pained eyes as the France national team embraced each other with big smiles on their faces. England had just beat Senegal a week ago — they truly thought they could do it.

he knew their World Cup dream was over when he looked over at the huge scoreboard that was displayed for all to see.

the 2-1 was like a stab to his stomach.

his teammates came over to him , all saying words of support into his ear and patting him on the back. their coach came onto the pitch , congratulating them on coming so far. Jude was proud , he just wished they could've gone more far.

Xaila sat in her seat with her hands over her forehead. they all sat in silence, all shocked and pitying the team. Mahary and Gio were also there , in support for Jude. Gio knew how it felt , since the USA was out earlier in the tournament.

Xaila watched as Jude walked off the pitch, an upset look on his face. the English fans cheered for their national team and they waved back and thanked them.

Xaila grabbed her bag and her phone , pushing through the people to get down to Jude. she just prayed that she could get him alone in time.

slowly , the England fans exited the stadium , not being able to see their team lose. some of them were genuinely heartbroken — some were even crying.

Xaila was in the back where she saw Rebecca and Hannah , with their families aswell. everyone was quiet , knowing the players were devastated.

"hey" she softly said and they all greeted her or nodded their heads. after a while , the Bellingham family came and sat with them in the hallway, waiting for the players and Jude to come out.

after a whole while , the players came out in silence. everyone congratulated them in coming so far , or smiling in pity.

"you did good." Mark said , patting his son on his shoulder blade with a smile. Jobe nodded. "yep, there's still a lot of World Cups for you to win, hey?"