Chapter 18

KRIPA's POV

"Kripa you have to wake up now, you have get ready as well, uff beta it's your wedding" Shouted Mom while waking me up

I rub my eyes and yawn. I get up stretch my body and I feel my fry mehndi falling from my hands and leg.

I look at my dark coloured Mehndi and Yash's name.

My mom holds my hand have a look at it "wow, it has come out dark" Passing me a teasing smile

"let me tell you that it's because of my skin and nothing to do with your filmy logic"

She rolls her eyes at me "it is beta"

"no mom, plus as you said It will take time for me to get ready, I am going to bath you also go but first tell someone to bring me food so I can tolerate the make up torture"

She cup my face "Okay My Kripu, now bath then have it with me and dad"

I nod.

she leaves and I bath soon.

I look at my wedding lehnga which is very heavy and expensive. I told my father light would do but he was not gonna listen. why fathers are like this, oh Dad. I smile but one thing is there which he allowed that I can wear sneakers in my wedding. He convinced mom for me.

Parents are the best, the love and care they give, no one can.

Their was a knock on the door "Kripa beta" It Dad

I open the door and saw my whole family in front of me.

Mummy, Papa, Bhai and Di

"Let's not waste any single moment to with you as only our daughter" Said Dad and I hold his hand

We do breakfast together and laugh talking about our childhood and teasing each other about it, plus letting dad know that how we in fast speed ran to our rooms when we used to hear his foot steps or bike. He said he already knew, both mom and dad used to laugh at that. That was a shock for us siblings.

Then my father held my hand and kept his hand on my forehead "beta, you have been my very strong daughter who fear nothing, I want to be like that only and not to compromise at things which you think is not right. Say sorry when you feel its your mistake and stand up for the right, keep your point of view when required but also in a polite and humble way because with loudness nothing can be achieved. Be loud when you thing, when you feel its important. No need to stress yourself your no reason. We love you, I love you" My eyes wind up with tears and I just gulp.

I hug Dad and Mom pats my back "Kripa beta" says mom "I know you don't like it when I say to learn things and to keep in mind after going to your in laws house, but beta, somethings should be learnt. I am not talking about cooking or washing clothes. I am talking about loving ! Love your in laws like you love us, Love your husbands family like you love your own family. I know you cannot keep yourself from speaking when it comes to speaking up for right thing but take care that what you speak, doesn't affect your family relations. You might find judgmental relatives of theirs too like we have in ours. We don't stop you because we are there for you but you being new their will take time your in laws to understand you. I know, I know you should must be thinking that why you should care about their opinion when you are right but my Bache, somethings should be done with time. Yash's parents are very nice no doubt but let them get to know you first nicely because they haven't seen the real Kripa yet"

I hold her hand and kiss it " I will take care of it but I wont change my style of living"

She lightly hit my head and I let out a small laugh.