Chapter 1 ~ Aadya Chauhan

Aadya's POV

Getting out of the airport terminal  of Lucknow with my face covered with mask, my eyes searched for my name pluckard among the other names which were held by the drivers. Spotting my name 'Aadya  Chauhan' placard being held by a man  whom I suppose is the driver, I made my way towards the man.

He saw me standing infront of him as he quickly greeted "Good Morning mam. I am the new driver assigned to take you home. Please follow me."

Yup my family was so busy that they could not come to pick their only daughter who was coming back after 5 years from Delhi. I was 18 when  I decided I would study somewhere away from my family. Like they ever cared for me except my mom. Let me give you a brief introduction.

My dad, Kabir Chauhan didn't hate me but didn't love me either. He was always partial towards my elder brother, Abhi bhaiya. My dad just saw me as a burden and never appreciated my hardwork. His dislike only increased because I was not beautiful. Well because we all live in a society where beauty is judged by colour. The more fair you are , the more beautiful you are. But my tanned skin tone made him dissapointed.

About my brother, he was my favourite person among my family even before mom but only till when I was 13. He had asked me to stay away from him in school just because his girlfriend told him that my presence irritated her and she doesn't like my skin tone. He would ignore and behave as he didn't know me.

That had hurt me immensely and since then I too never tried to speak with him or make any interactions. This just resulted the gap  between us to widen more. About my mom, she was the only one who loved me. Not caring about my skin colour.

And today when I was coming back after completing my studies there was no one from my family. Well what did I expect. But I was happy to meet them after 5 years. I did not want to be near them that is why I was planning to look for a job out of Lucknow and move out from that house.

They did oppose to send me away 5 years ago. But I had been stubborn and had not eaten anything for 3 days resulting in me getting sick and eventually they agreed to send me with the condition that they would meet me evey 6 months. I didn't mind as long as I was away from the toxicity.

The car stopped as I looked out of the window to find a giant mansion which looked no less than a palace infront of me. I furrowed my brows as this was not my home. Did they shift the house in these years? But I had asked mom the address and it was the old mansion only.

Did the mansion get big or is it because I came here after 5 years. Yes my home was a big mansion, afterall my dad ran a Big Company which was now taken by Abhi bhaiya.

The door opened as the driver stood ther saying "Come outside madam. Your family is waiting for you."

I furrowed my brows thinking where the hell did this driver dropped me. I got out as I said "Uncle this is not my house. Where have you taken me? Are you sure you drove to the right address?"

The man thinned his brows and started laughing "Oh you are pranking me. I got scared that I picked up the wrong person. Don't worry you brother had warned me beforehand only that you would pull my leg. And if I dont drop Aradhna Rajvansh to Rajvansh mansion where else will I drop"

And my eyes widened. Aradhna Rajvansh.
I knew her she was in my college only we had exchanged a few talks but not very close. Rajvansh mansion. I was infront of The Rajvansh Mansion.

And suddenly it all registered in my brain. At the airport I had seen a man holding 'Aradhna Rajvansh' placard beside mine. Maybe it got  interchanged but how.

"Arey no uncle I am-" I was cut off by a loud voice saying
"Hey bhagwan meri beti aa gayi akhir. Aru mera bachha!!"

"Oh my God finally my daughter is back. Aru my kid."

I turned around to see a beautiful woman in her late 50s practically running towards me and before I could react she hugged me squeezing the life out of me.

"Maa uska gala ghot doge aap. Abhi Abhi aayi hai Delhi se aap use virgin marna chahte ho kya?"
"Maa you'll suffocate her. She had just returned from Delhi you want her to die virgin ?" A manly voice came from behind as I saw a man in his late twenties not to forget handsome asf coming towards us as the lady released me and smacked his head.

He had a wide grin spread across his face but it dropped as soon as he looked at me from head to toe

"One minute. Why are you wearing so sanskari clothes and mask. Ha don't tell me you changed after going to Delhi." He exclaimed as he looked at my maroon anarkali suit. Just then one more lady same as the age of the one who had hugged me came.

Before there could be any more misunderstandings I removed my mask and they all gasped. The lady no. 2 who was about to hug me stopped and gasped too.

"Beta style tak toh theek tha tune apna chehra bhi badal liya!!? Plastic surgery kyu ki?"

"Beta style was fine but why did you  change your face. Why did you do plastic surgery?" The lady no.2 asked.

Will they let me speak..

Just then a deep manly voice came "What is going on here?"

I guess no. I looked behind to find the most handsome man I had ever laid my eyes on.
And my breath hitched as he locked his eyes with me racing my heartbeats.

~~~~~•••~~~~~

Acha ji so this was the 1st Chapter.

How do you like it till now?
Do you like our female lead -Aadya?

Make sure to vote and comment .

Chalo now press the star below jaldi 🌟

Love y'all ❤

Insta : purple_uphoria