Chapter 8 ~ Fault in Horoscope

Arjun's POV

I drove back home after dropping her. Why couldn't I just control myself around her? She was right she would soon be my brother's wife and I am supposed to stay away form her but I can't bring myself to. I hate myself for that.

She has quite a sharp tongue I must say shooting my words at me I am your brother's bride. I went inside to notice our family priest sitting on the couch munching on snacks and talking with the elders.
" Namaste Pandit ji" I greeted and he blessed saying "Jug jug jeeyo beta".

"Yes so I was saying there is a fault in both of theirs birth charts so it will be best if the wedding happens as soon as possible. The auspicious dates is exactly after a week. That is the nearest because the next auspicious date is 3 years." He said while examining what looked like birth charts of Abeer and Aadya.

Chachu frowned saying "But Pandit ji there was no fault in Abeer's birth chart in the past . And don't you think 1 week is very fast like the wedding preparation have to be done and it takes time."

"Lakshman ji birth charts and matching but only a little fault in the girl's chart influences the boy's chart also. That is why I am telling you to wed them as soon as possible. Rest is your wish." Pandit ji replied.

"But bhabhi won't it be wrong to keep Abeer's marriage before Arjun's. Arjun is the eldest child." Chachi spoke her concern.

My mom who was awfully quiet all this time said " I think if there is something wrong in horoscope it's best if we comply with what Pandit ji is suggesting. It will be great if the marriage can happen in a week. I want Aadya to become our family as soon as possible because the sooner the better. And as for marriage what will it matter if Arjun marries first or Abeer marries. Anyway I guess Arjun has taken an oath to not let me see my grandchildren soon. And as for Abeer he will become old and what if Aadya denied that time no I can't take the risk."

I scoffed at her words whereas Abeer who was standing silently all the while - I didn't even notice him- said defensively "MOM I AM ONLY 24. and why will Aadya deny when she is getting such a handsome hunk like me as her life partner." He ran his hand through his hair.

"On a serious note, Arjun are you okay with your brother marrying before you?" Dad asked.

I gulped as I wanted to say no not because he was marrying first but because he was marrying Aadya. I didn't know what to say as everyone were waiting for my answer .
"I am totally okay dad ,I dont think Anika is ready yet and neither am i ready for marriage.. It doesn't who marries first. Afterall we both are same and nothing is more important than my brother's happiness." I said honestly.

They all looked happy and heaved a sigh of relief. I went to my room to freshen up. A week and wedding bells of Abeer will be heard. I am happy for him. He seems to like Aadya and she also likes him. They are happy together.

Aadya's POV

Entering my home I went to freshen up directly. My mom was surprised to see me buying 3 dresses. I told her I liked all of them so simply bought all of them. We were having dinner as I waiting for a call from Rajvansh's to come. I hope Abeer's plan works out.

After dinner there was a call and I immediately went to take it and give my mother. She gave me confused look but picked up the phone seeing Ragini aunty calling.

"Hello Namaste Ragini ji.*pause* yes we had just now, what about you? *pause* Oh yes tell me * pause* what!!? Fault in birth chart? *long pause* oh.. let me discuss and call you later." Mom ended the call.

Mom explained the situation to all of us. Dad was surprised while Abhi shouted "WHAT!! A WEEK. ISN'T THAT TOO EARLY. I MEAN SHE IS JUST 23."
"Lower your voice Abhyuday. If there is fault in horoscope we can't change it. We have to go with pandit Ji's suggestion. Also I don't think Aadya has a problem with it. Do you?" Dad said turning to me.

I gulped . "No I have no problem. Of course a week is really early but as long as me and Abeer are happy I don't think it's a problem." I lied.

"Aadya are you out of your mind? They have lost it but you.. why are you doing this?" Abhi bhaiya questioned me.

"I don't think I am obliged to answer you. And what is your problem when I am fine with it." I spat back with anger.
"Mom call them and tell we are ready." I said to mom before going upstairs to sleep.

Honestly it felt weird to think that it would be my wedding In the next week. But who cares it's not a real one anyway. I laid on my bed thinking about today's events.

It was 100% sure I liked Arjun maybe a crush. But I'll have to get rid of it soon. It's not going to help me. He can't be mine. I mean there are so many beautiful ladies waiting for him why would he choose me. Me who was never approached by any guy. Me who was never able to attract any man. Me who was way below his standards although I don't know his standards. I am not meant for love. I should know that.

He was perfect in every way. He was rich, handsome, Responsible , confident and what not. Then there was me average looking, silent, clumsy and introverted asf.
He will need a woman who can live up to the name of 'elder daughter in law of Rajvansh's- wife of Arjun Rajvansh' and that's certainly not me. He might be flirting with me but I know very well it's his time pass because no way he was interested in me. I closed my eyes thinking about the chaos I'll have to face next week.

~~~~~••~~~~~

Here's another chapter!!
I am not even gonna ask how was it cus you all dont respond.😪
I mean last chap I requested you all to vote and none of you did except yingfa88
Thank you sm for voting🧡.

It takes you to read 5 mins but it takes hours to plan, to write and all. Anyway I am sorry if I came out rude it wasn't my intention.

Insta : purple_uphoria