Chapter 34 ~ Fate's Cruel Game

Author's POV

Although Aadya was physically present beside her husband but her mind was constantly drifting to the oblivion of curiosity regarding the message that had snatched away her peace. She found herself in a state of horror. Does that mean the person would be present in the party? Most importantly how does the person know she was going there?

She couldn't help but feel that she was being watched. It was disturbing ,that feeling crawled up her spine and to her bones. She broke into cold sweats with her hands trembling.

When Arjun noticed his wife, he got worried for his beloved and asked "Hey Baby what happened? You are sweating and your hands are trembling too." He kept his warm plam over her shivering hands. It was  only then that Aadya realised she was sweating indeed even when the AC was on.

Arjun took out his kerchief and wiped her forehead gently as if applying any force would break her. Holding her hands tightly he reassured her "Don't worry love, just stay by my side. I am there for you."

She couldn't stop herself from escaping in his warm and homely embrace which made her feel secure and all her worries vanishing away slowly. Soon they reached the venue and got out to be surrounded by paps and media. The flashes continued as they posed for them for like 5 seconds before proceeding inside.

The venue was magnificent with light chandeliers and classy people chatting among themselves. Aadya's nervousness started surfacing but it was drowned by the warmth that Arjun's hand provided which was resting at her lower back.

A man in his late 40's came up to them. He hugged Arjun and welcomed them "Welcome Mr and Mrs. Rajvansh.  I am so glad you came."

"The pleasure is ours Mr.Kapoor" Arjun told smiling professionally.

"I must say you are looking very beautiful tonight Mrs. Rajvansh." He complimented her.

"Thank you. You don't look that bad yourself Mr. Kapoor" Aadya replied.

"Oh great heavens! Look who we have here" A familiar voice reached them as they turned to their right only to find another host of this party- Arhaan Oberoi.

Arjun became alerted at his grip on Aadya's waist tightened. Arhaan came to them smiling sinisterly.

"Oh come on hug me my friend. I am so glad to have you here." Arhaan pulled Arjun into a hug which he reciprocated hesitantly.

"We even have Aadya here. Such a great evening for me." He said as he took her hand kissing the back of it. Arjun's jaw clenched as Aadya was in shock regarding his gesture. The two times she had met him, he was respectfull and maintained his distance.

"You guys continue I'll attend the other's " Mr. Kapoor said awkwardly before busying himself with other guests.

"Honestly I really did not expect you to show up Arjun but I am glad you did." Arhaan spoke with a smirk playing on his lips.

"If that makes you happy, I want to leave this shitty party of yours right now but I am not here to waste my time on you. So now if you excuse us we would like to leave you." Arjun spat bitterly before taking Aadya with him to the other part of the hall away form Arhaan.

While Arhaan's eyes raked over Aadya's figure taking in her appearance. She looked so majestic. He drank his wine from the glass thinking about the upcoming meet with her.

Aadya's face started to hurt a little keeping the fake smile intact on her face for very long time. It had been an hour since they arrived and her back had given up with her ankles also yelling in pain in the heels she wore. All she wanted in this moment was to sprawl on her bed and sleep.