Chapter 17 ~ Love Her

Arjun's POV

I was signing a few files when someone barged inside my cabin. Its definitely Ansh .Yeah he doesn't know how to knock.

"I swear I will fire you next time you don't knock" I said not moving my eyes from the files.

"Come on we both know you won't. Anyway I was here to ask about yesterday's reception. Did Arhaan really show up?" He asked dropping the jolly tone.

"Yes he did. Who even invited him? I told you to make sure no troublemakers would come." I said irritatingly

"And those troublemakers were your ex-girlfriends. I never knew Arhaan was one of them." He said mockingly. True I had told him to not let any ex's of mine to come because I was well aware they would cause nothing but trouble by doing some drama on my Reception or hurting Aadya.

"He returned Lucknow after 5 years.  He was in Europe for the last 4 years and  in Dehli last year. No idea why he was there though. But according to our sources he was searching for a girl." He said as I had asked him to gather info of Arhaan.

"Searching for a girl? I don't think it's truth. He just have been there for some work and covering it in the name of searching for a girl." I said contemplating as he nodded.

"One more thing is that how does Abhyuday know him? He was not pleased when Arhaan showed up that day. How are they connected?" I said thinking hard.

"Must be business related?" Ansh proposed .

"Doesn't seem like that but let's just hope it's nothing serious." I said and we got back to our work.

Time skip

I freshened up once we reached home. I had directly went to pick up Aadya from office. I was standing in my balcony enjoying the cool breeze.

"Arjun Dad wants you to meet him at the garden" Aadya said and I went thinking why would dad suddenly call me.

Upon reaching I saw a very nervous Abeer rubbing his hands standing there.

"Hello bhaiya. Thank you for coming." He said. Oh my wife tricked me to send me here.

"I am so sorry bhaiya. I know I should have told you before. I also knew you would be the 1st person to have mine and Anika's marriage done. But with what face would I have told you that I am loving your fiance. It felt so wrong bhaiya. I was even planning to move on from her until she threatened me that she will give up her life. Then Aadya bhabhi came into the picture. She never wanted to marry in the first place so we all-"

"I know the rest." I cut him off as he looked at me wide eyed.
"Aadya had told me everything on our wedding night."

He suddenly joined his hands and said "please Bhaiya forgive me. I am so sorry I will never hide anything from you."

I couldn't see him like that he was my brother afterall. My love for him is way more than my stupid anger I hugged him and we stayed like that for a few seconds. Then we talked about a few things walking around the garden.

"Never do that again. Now go and sleep and let me sleep too. Good night chote." I said.

"Yeah yeah ofc now you will not have time for us. All your time is for your wife na. Anyway good night bhaiya and yeah start working to make me uncle soon." He said and ran away before I could smack him.

I was smiling to myself while going towards our bedroom. Would she like the surprise? I hope she likes them. I entered our room and saw Aadya was pacing back and forth in irritation.

"Did you buy all that?" She asked hurriedly.

"Uhm yes... I hope you like them. We can return them if you don't like the-"

She cut me off saying "No I like them but you didn't have to get SO MANY. I mean why did you even get it?"

I furrowed my brows not knowing why is she upset with it. I just wanted to make her happy and see that smile on her beautiful face.
"I just wanted to make you happy. I didn't know you wouldn't like that"

"Arjun you don't have to buy me things to make me happy... I can manage my expenses you don't have to pay for everything." She said.

"I know you can. But there's nothing wrong in a husband spoiling his wife." I said as a matter of fact. I knew she could look after herself but there's nothing wrong in expressing your love right?

"Right. But are we really like normal husband and wife? We both know this marriage wasn't supposed to happen. Heck we didn't even know we would marry each other like an hour before our marriage. I don't know how to say but why are you behaving like a good husband when you haven't accepted me. I understand you have to act infront of the world but you don't have to act infront of me also. I already told you that we will separate after sometime so you can be free-"

Tears were flowing endlessly from her brown eyes and I couldn't stop myself from hugging her. She was insecure and it's my fault that I didn't clear everything between us. I wanted to speak with her on the reception night but my stupid ass had to get angry and behave like an asshole.

"I like you. I have liked you ever since I've laid my eyes on you. You have no idea what you make me feel wherever you are around." I let her go and wiped her tears. It pained to see her crying because of me.

"And I didn't act infront of the world or you. Whatever you've seen till now is the real me  My actions and the words I have uttered are genuine. I am really sorry it's my fault I couldn't tell it earlier and gave you the benefit of doubt. But I want to give this relationship a chance. I want to give our marriage a chance. I would love to be your better half and walk down the path of life with you beside me, only if you want me. I don't want to have the freedom where you are not with me. I have accepted with you with every inch of my soul and I don't think I will be able to let you go. Tell me will you give US a chance?" I asked cupping her cheek.

But she was frozen and we stood in silence.
Maybe she needed time.
"Please answer me after taking your time. I am ready to wait. There's no need to hurry" I said and she did was nod her head.

I didn't realise there's so much insecurity behind her confident smile and I will make sure to erase all of that and give her all the love and care she deserves. I wanted to make her feel confident about herself and love herself. I remember Abhyuday telling that something about how she has been hurt and he hurt her too. I need to talk with him.

I am going to be the cure of her problems and protect her from everyone who wants to harm her. Indeed I am whipped for her and there's no turning back now. I am going to love her like no one else did. The moment I saw her she stole my heart and I don't think I want it back.

I prayed God to let her give this relationship a chance.

~~~~~••~~~~~

Surprise-Double update!!
I hope you like this chapter
So do vote🌟

I don't really have an exact update schedule but like earlier I will try to update everyday except Sunday.  Timings will be btw 7pm and 8pm and if I can't I'll inform on the conversation board .

Love y'all❤

Insta : purple_uphoria