Chapter 9 ~ The Unexpected Change

Aadya's POV

After taking a refreshing bath and wearing my wedding dress, which was designed by Anika herself, I was sitting infront of my dressing table while beauticians did my make up. I asked them not to cover me completely with thick layers of makeup. I wanted it to be natural. Even though my skin colour was light brown my skin was soft and I didn't want it to be ruined. One of the reasons why I avoid makeup.

The amount of people gathered for the wedding was crazy. Even though some of them were not able to make it because the wedding was very sudden the crowd was still insane. All these days only I know how I have managed to pretend unaffected from the judgemental stares without running away.

The relatives were shocked as they saw the groom maybe not expecting me to marry such a handsome man. I had not talked with Arjun since that day, just exchanged glances. It was like he was on a mission to avoid me which he was successful at. He looked dull throughout. Why? Maybe he did not like his younger brother getting married before him or it was work which tired him.

The stylists finished their job by doing my hair in a loose bun leaving a few curly strands to dance on the side of my face. Just then I heard my mom's voice "You all may leave." The girls went away not before complementing me to which I thanked them.

My mom was holding a jewellery box and came inside along with few on my cousins. She rolled her wrists in a manner to ward off evil eyes from me. "Looking ethereal. My beautiful daughter I can't believe you have grown up so much. Come let me put your Jewelleries." She started with bangles making me wear them covering my hand almost till my elbow. She also made me wear a bracelet with rings attached. Then she put earrings followed by a choker necklace and a long necklace. She then put the nose ring taking the extension and pinning it in my hair behind. The maang Tika followed which covered my hairline. A waist chain adorned around my waist over the Red Dupatta. At last she put the heavy anklets in my legs. I looked at myself all covered in gold and red. One slight move and the jewellery made sound. I was looking like a walking jeweller. But not gonna lie I did look beautiful.

I smiled at my reflection and my mom kissed my head and placed the Ghoonghat on my head finishing my look. "You look so amazing,beautiful!!" Mom said and I smiled widely. Just then Abhi bhaiya also entered the room calling for mom but stopped looking at me. His mouth was slightly apart. My mom chuckled and said " close your  mouth and take off your eyes from my daughter." She then went out to look after the preparations.

He made his way towards me and caressed my head saying "You are the most beautiful woman I've seen in my life Aadya. I am so luck to by your brother. But unfortunately I couldn't be a good brother. I accept it as my bad luck and a punishment for my sins to lose a sister like you. I know I have been the biggest asshole in the past and there is not even a single Moment where I haven't regretted it. But please forgive me..." he started crying. His words brought tears to my eyes and I couldn't help but hold his hand and shake my head. He looked taken aback and I said "You don't love me otherwise you wouldn't have made me emotional. You want me to cry and ruin my makeup right."

He chuckled lightly and took me in a hug caressing my head. And I tried my best to not burst into tears. " I am so sorry Aadya. Please forgive me." He said and I pulled back and said " Never do that to me again because next time I will not even consider forgiving you."  He nodded vigorously and wiped his tears. He got a call and he excused himself out.

I looked out of the window to see the whether the baraat had arrived but it didn't. I hope Abeer and Anika had run away. I called Aradhna but she didn't pick up. I frowned as it was unusual she always picked up my call. I tried again and it was switched off. I started panicking but shrugged it off thinking maybe she forgot to charge her phone in the chaos.

I didn't try calling Abeer or Anika because ofc their phone will be switched off for they were one who were running away. Half an hour had passed and no one came to my room. I was getting tensed  because no one came to inform the news- the part of our plan. Another half an hour and still no trace of anyone.

I sat there looking at my reflection in the mirror all ready to be married. That was not the only thing I was ready for.

"Aadya the groom ran away!!" A panicked relative of mine dashed into the room informing. I smiled secretly hearing the news.

Finally I would be free from this marriage drama. My mother came in followed by my brother and said "Abeer ran away."

I stood up abruptly and asked"What mom!!? What do you mean Abeer ran away!!?"  Ofc I had to pretend.

"He ran away with Anika. They both love each other." My brother said through gritted teeth.

"WHAT!!? How....can they do that?" I said acting to be hurt.

My mother came to me, held my shoulders and said " The marriage will still happen. Only your GROOM WILL BE REPLACED - Arjun Rajvansh. "
I looked at her in shock. Wait this was not in the plan.

I pushed her hands away from my shoulders shouting "WHAT THE HELL MOM WHAT ARE YOU TELLING" I was genuinely shocked.

"Yes beta. All the relatives are present from our side also and from their side also. We can't dismiss the wedding. It will only bring shame to both the families. You have to do this beta. Arjun is also ready." My mom said.
I looked at her as if she had grown two horns and back at my brother who was also trying to digest all of this. Before I could ask him to tell mom my dad came inside and he looked at me.

"Aadya only you can save me from this shame. Please beta marry Arjun. He is a nice guy definitely better than Abeer. I am sure he will keep you happy. He is very responsible and is even ready to marry you. Please Aadya only you can save us." He said joining his hands and I immediately lowered his hands with mine. Okay this was genuinely unexpected.

I looked at their faces my mom was continuing wailing while my dad was on the verge of breaking down. My eyes automatically blurred with tears as I nodded not being able to form any words.

"Aadya no need to do this. I will figure out something. You don't need to sacrifice for everything " Abhi bhaiya said and I shook my head saying " No bhaiya. Don't. I am ready to marry Arjun. Dad is right it will simple bring more shame to our reputed family. People will degrade my mom and I don't want that. I will do this marriage for the sake of our Family"

It was indeed my mistake. If only I hadn't agreed to their stupid plan. I knew my family would be devastated knowing Abeer ran away and I thought I wouldn't care. But i did, I didn't like how my mother's and father's head was down in shame. This was all my mistake and I need to mend it even if it meant marrying Arjun.

~~~~~••~~~~~

Here's another chapter!!
The most awaited part.
By the way thank you so much for 200 reads❤❤
Make sure to vote 🌟 and comment.
Next update after 10 votes.

Love y'all ❤

Insta : purple_uphoria