Chapter 2 ~ Arjun Rajvansh

Arjun's POV

Keeping the dumbles aside I moved to do some push ups. I was at my home gym. Well I never went to gym outside as I built one in my home itself. This way my time would be saved.

This was daily routine getting up early, freshening up, gym , taking bath and breakfast with family with my working schedule followed. My family is the most important thing to me.

God had blessed me with a lovely family.
My dad and mom loved me to the fullest. They were an ideal couple who loved each other even after so many years of marriage. Theirs was an arrange marriage. My father had fallen in love with my mother at first sight and made his parents arrange their marriage. My mom fell in love afterwards. People often get bored by staying with the same person but they were the epitome of lovely couple. I sure had a few girlfriends in the past but did not lose my virginity still. 6 months ago my parents engaged me to Anika Malhotra. Her mother and my mother were friends so they took their friendship a step forward by engaging me with Anika.

Anika was a simple, kind and caring girl. She was a good person. I liked her as a human but I don't love her. I think we will fall in love after marriage. What's the hurry.

My brother,Abeer was the most notorious,playful but responsible also. I loved him like a son. To me he was my friend with whom I could share anything.

My  Chachu and Chachi (paternal uncle and aunt) were the most jolly people. Theirs was also love marriage. They had a daughter Aradhna the apple of everyone's eye. The only daughter of Rajvansh's. We all loved to the fullest. The most pampered one and crime in partner of Abeer.

It was very difficult to send her away 5 years ago to Delhi for further studies. We were reluctant to send her away but her stubborness won against our worry. Now that today she would be back I was very happy. Infact everyone were. Mom and chachi had started ranting about the preparations a week ago itself.

They decorated the whole mansion and made sure everything would be of her like. They were planning to make her fat by cooking all her favourite food. Me and Abeer were going to pick her up from the airport but she wanted to give us a surprise. That is why she insisted to send a driver.

I smiled remembering her. Now that I think even Abhyuday's sister- Aadya Chauhan was also in the same college as my sister. I knew her name only. That means she would return too.

Abhyuday was a good friend of mine. We met when we were signing a deal with Chauhan Industries and since then partnership turned to friendship. But there was something off with him when ever his sister's topic came up he would become sad and have a pained and guilty expression. I never pressed as I didn't find it right to meddle in between their family matter.

"Arey Bhai you're still here. Remember Aru is coming back today. Chalo come fast orelse maa will pull your ears and drag you." Abeer said coming inside.

"I'll be there on time. Afterall it's my sister who is coming." I said and he nodded going out. After a few push ups I went into my room.

After taking a refreshing bath I came out with only a towel hanging around my waist. While going to pick my clothes my eyes went to the yellow file kept on the night stand. Oh shit! I had to return it to Abhyuday. No worries I'll return it today.

I came down to greet everyone but frowned seeing no one except workers. I asked one of them "Where are everyone?" To which she replied "Sir they have done outside to welcome Aradhna mam."
Oh she arrived already.
"Did Dad and Chachu come back after their morning walk?" I asked again to which she replied shaking her head.

I made my way outside eager to meet my sister. I saw maa and Abeer standing while  chachi's hands were hanging mid air as I heard gasps followed by chachi saying

"Beta style tak toh theek tha tune apna chehra bhi badal liya!!? Plastic surgery kyu ki?"

"Beta style was fine but why did you  change your face. Why did you do plastic surgery?"

I frowned as I  could not stop myself from asking "What is going on here?"

Just then they moved to see me as I saw a girl standing there who was definitely not Aradhna. She looked into my eyes and I swear my heart rate increased. She was wearing a maroon anarkali suit with matching Jhumkas and dark brown hair open left side tucked behind her ear. She had a dusky complexion which I somehow found hellishy attractive.

I walked forward still not breaking the eye contact. She averted her eyes to my mom d said "Namaste Aunty. I am Aadya Chauhan and I am definitely not supposed to be here. I think there is a misunderstanding which caused me to land here. Uncle was holding a pluckard of my name." She said
Oh so she was Abhyuday's sister. damn her voice.

"What!? No madam I held the placard which said Aradhna Rajvansh." The driver defended himself and I asked "You mean to say she is lying? Why don't you show us the pluckard which you were holding." I said as I didn't like him talking as if it was Aadya's mistake.

He brought the placard out and indeed it was written Aadhya Chauhan. I glared at him and turned to Abeer asking "I told you to send someone responsible. You couldn't do one thing."

He said "Sorry bhai the old driver was on leave so I sent him but didn't know he would mess up."

"I am so sorry sir. Actually I dashed into someone and our placards fell and got exchanged. I am so sorry please forgive me mam." The driver pleaded while folding his hands. I inhaled deeply and nodded dismissing him.

I looked at Aadya to find her nervous as she said "Uhm.. Aunty I will leave now my family must be waiting."

"NO" I said as they all looked at me.

"I mean I know her. She is Abhyuday's sister,  Daughter of Mr. Kabir Chauhan." I said clearing everyone's confusion.
Once again making eye contact with her.

~~~~~•••~~~~~

So this was Chapter 2.
Did you like it?
Do you like our Male lead ARJUN?
Make sure to comment and press that hollow start below 🌟

Love y'all ❤

Insta : purple_uphoria