Chapter 22 ~ First Kiss

Aadya's POV

My second day in office. There was a restlessness in me regarding Arhaan's condition. Would he be fine? I hope there's nothing serious. I wanted to check upon him. Should I tell Arjun about it? But what if he gets angry and doesn't speak with me like that night. Things have just started to get better between us I surely don't want to ruin it.

"Aadya. Where were you lost?" Arjun's voice  broke my trance and I noticed the lift had stopped. But it wasn't the floor where I worked. I turned to him to ask but before I could he said "This floor has my cabin we are going there because you haven't been there yet" and I smiled at him.

I was amazed by the interior as I entered the cabin. My mouth hung open- ofc what did I expect he is the CEO of Rajvansh Empire afterall. Suddenly a pair of arms sneaked around my waist from behind as I stilled in my place. He was back hugging me and butterflies erupted in my stomach. He nuzzled his face in the crook of my neck making my heart beat crazily.

He inhaled from my neck and said "Your scent calms me down instantly."

I smiled as I asked "And what is it that is making you restless?"

He hummed before letting me go and and I turned around to see him worried. I immediately cupped his face asking "Hey what happened?" And he looked at me with widened eyes and then I felt his cheeks turning warm. A slight blush appeared on his cheeks which was visible beacuse I was close to him.

"Oh my God you are blushing" I exclaimed and he immediately countered "no I am not."

"Yes you are." I teased and he moved away from me. But I didn't leave I moved towards him and placed my one hand on his shoulder and the other one on his cheek asking "On a serious note Arjun. What happened?"

"Its just that I have a meeting with one of the biggest international client and I am nervous. It's very important for us. What is if i mess up?" He said.

I hugged him rubbing my palm on his back saying "You will do good. Trust yourself. I am sure this isn't your first time meeting international clients, you have experience. I am sure you will grab the deal." I reassured him.

But he did not hug me so I pulled back thinking he did not like it. Accidentally my hand stopped at his chest when I felt his heart beating fast like he just ran a marathon. I widened my eyes as I looked up to find our faces very close. He encircled his hand around my waist and placed his other hand on top of my hand which was still on his chest.

"This is what you do to me Aadya. Ironic how you make me nervous and you only calm me down.What type of magic have you done on me?" He asked huskily and butterflies were having a concert in my stomach.

I licked my lips as they felt dry and his gaze went to my lips. He started leaning closer and I felt the time slowed down. There was just an inch gap between our lips when there was a knock on the door and abruptly pushed him off. He stumbled a little but soon composed himself and went to open the door. We were about to kiss oh my God!!

"What the fuck do you want?" Arjun's irritated voice came.

"Woah why do you look like someone stole your favourite candy? Anyway I was here to take Aadya with me." Ansh's voice came.

I went towards the door and he smiled at me waving "Hello Aadya I knew you were here. I checked your cabin but you were not there so I knew your husband would have taken you with him."

"Hi Ansh bhaiya, yea sure come let's go." I said trying to walk past Arjun when he held my wrist turning me to him.

"Lunch in my cabin." He said but before I could reply Ansh stated "You have meeting today right and I am damn sure it will extend past lunch break."