Chapter 11~ Accepted

Aadya's POV

I was married ,no longer Aadya Chauhan but Aadya Arjun Rajvansh. Just the name gave me butterflies. All this feels so wrong yet right. I thought I would be free once Abeer runs away but looks like God had other plans for me.

To be honest I didn't feel anything regarding my wedding with Arjun, apart from the butterflies and sparks I felt when he held my hand for phere's and during sindoor filling. I was feeling kind of happy but I can't tell the same about him tho. I know he was forced into this, so obviously it was wrong to assume he was happy with our marriage. Anyway I decided to talk things out with him once we reach his home. Afterall I have to live there from now on.

Tears made their way into my eyes as I hugged my mother who was crying. It was very difficult to leave the person who gave birth to you, who was a friend to you, who loved you and took care of you selflessly from the time you came into the world. But now I had to leave my world, my mom. I didn't even think in my dreams that I would really get married today. Honestly I wasn't prepared for this. That is why i was crying very badly.

I hugged Abhi bhaiya as he also cried with me. Things had just settled between us today and i had to leave already. Not fair. I went towards my dad and bend down to take his blessings and he suddenly hugged me patting my head. He was crying. There was almost zero interactions between him and me since I came back form Delhi. He never liked me but didn't hate me. I don't know I dont feel anything for him. Funny how they say a father-daughter relation is one of the most beautiful relation but I felt nothing.

After bidding goodbyes I sat in the car which would take me to my new destination. Arjun also sat beside me and the car started off. I looked out trying to hide my non stop tears.

"You can meet them when ever you want." I heard his voice and I just nodded not trusting my voice. There were no words exchanged. Soon we reached the Rajvansh mansion. Ragini aunty stood there with aarti in her hand. She did our Aarti and asked me kick the kalash of rice. I gently kicked it causing the rice to splatter on the floor.

Suneeta aunty bought a plate filled with red liquid and placed it down. They asked me to step in the plate and leave my footprints behind. I stepped as the red cold liquid touched my feet. After a sec I lifted up my feet only to stumble but he held me by my shoulders muttering careful. I walked ahead leaving my footprints.

"Welcome to the family Aadya beta. You are not our daughter in law but our daughter just like Aradhna. I always had a dream of having my daughter and today you fulfilled it. My beautiful daughter." Ragini aunty said cupping my cheek and I smiled genuinely.

"Aadya beta don't think of me as your father in law. Consider me ad your father beta. We are very lucky to have you as our daughter." Akshay uncle told and I nodded while smiling. Father- I don't know the word feels distant.

"Mom. Dad." We heard a voice from the door only to see Abeer and Anika standing there in their normal clothes while holding each other's hand.

They were about to come inside but Ragini aunt's voice boomed "Don't step into my house."
"How dare you come to us after taking such a shameful step.?" She questioned in a stern voice. I was startled her voice was so soft few secs ago was hard like rock now. I guess bipolarness runs in the blood.
Akshay uncle went to them seething in anger "Go away if you don't want me to raise my hands on you." Laksman uncle immediately went to stop him.

I felt bad for both. Anika was trembling with the fear while Abeer was trying his best not to give up. He looked at me and then at Arjun.

"I am sorry. I know I am not worthy of your forgiveness but just hear me out. Yes I love Anika. It all started two months after she got engaged with bhai. We both started liking each other and ended up loving each other. I initially avoided thinking it is wrong but I could not after knowing she also loves me. Besides there was nothing between Anika and bhai. I wanted to talk it out with all of you but I was scared. I was a coward, I am a coward. Like today I ran away not being able to marry Aadya. You all must be thinking why dont we have garlands around our neck or why is there no sindoor or mangalsutra around Anika's neck. It's because we didn't marry , we could never without our family's consent. Now also I just want to say we both love each other very much but if you all are nor happy I am ready to leave her." Abeer finished. Honestly I wanted to help them as I was also involved in this and them suffering alone wasn't sitting well with me.

"Aunty you said you already accepted me as your daughter in law. I too have accepted your family as mine and I love your son very much to the point that I wont be able to live without him but if you all don't accept me I am ready to be single my whole life because there's no way I can ever love any man like I love Abeer." Anika came forward and said. All of them were silent while i was praying God to let their love be accepted. I didn't agree to their plan just so it could go down the drain.

"Just one word and I would have happily married you with Anika. But instead of speaking with us you chose to betray us , betray Aadya. What was her fault in all this. You have dissapointed me Abeer." Ragini aunty said shaking her head. I looked at Abeer who was on the verge of breaking down. Okay I had to do something. I took a deep breath and took a step forward to tell something.

"You are right aunty. Abeer bhai has indeed dissapointed us and he should get a punishment for that also. Punishment for not betraying his love. Punishment for not marrying without your consent and considering his family's feelings above his." She looked at me confused and I smiled lightly saying "I agree his way was wrong but his intentions are right and pure. Just imagine what would have happened if he had married me. It would have ruined 4 lives- mine,Anika's ,his brothers and his. There is no use of crying over spilt milk. I am not telling you go forgive them. I don't have that rights. All I am saying is to accept them as you have accepted me and your elder son."

All of them were silent. Shit did I tell too much. I was about to apologise when Arjun said "Aadya is right mom, dad. His way is wrong but his intentions are not. Please accept them." I smiled. He was taking my side.

Suddenly Ragini aunty went inside and came back with aarti plate in her hand. She went to them did their Aarti and Abeer hugged his mother with tears in his eyes.
"Thank you so much for accepting us mom." He said .

"Now move aside let me take my younger daughter in law inside." She said and hugged Anika taking her inside the house.
Now everyone were together. I smiled I liked to see this family United and happy.

Anika and Abeer thanked me while I just shook my head. Me, Aradhna and Anika had a group hug. Arjun didn't talk with his brother. It will take time but they will return to normal soon. Afterall he loved his brother a lot Abhi bhaiya had told me.

Ragini aunty called to inform Anika's parents and informed them about her arrival and asked them to meet tomorrow morning. Arjun started walking when chachi stopped him and said "What is this Arjun beta? You can't go without completing the ritual. Right didi." She winked at Ragini aunty.

"Ofc Suneeta. Arjun you can go to your room but with Aadya in your arms" she said whil my eyes widened and my heart beats increased with the mere thought.

"What!!? mom I dont remember any ritual like that" he said kind of made me sad. A little bit.

"Its true beta even I had to carry your chachi. Trust me I had back pain for a week." Laksman uncle said rubbing his back causing everyone to laugh.

"Now also you will have back pain for a week because you are sleeping on the couch for a week." She said glaring at chachu.

"Now come one Arjun beta take your wife with you. " Akshay uncle said.

He started coming towards me and I was still. He carried me in bridal style as i heard hoots and whistles in the background. He started climbing the stairs while I was observing his face. His hand on my waist was giving me shivers.

He reached his room and put me down near his bed. He went to the door and locked it. I gulped as my stomach twisted.

~~~~~••~~~~~

Here's another chapter!!
What do you think will happen next?
Make sure to drop your opinions and vote 🌟
Thank you for all the people who took their precious time reading my story and voting it. I really appreciate it. You might not believe it but just one vote or comment form your side and I start jumping in happiness lol.

Thank you so much for 300 reads🧡

Anyway
Love y'all ❤

Insta : purple_uphoria