Chapter 40 ~ Nightmare

Aadya's POV

Arjun tucked a strand of hair behind my ear, a smile was constantly playing on his lips. He pecked my cheeks running his nose all over my cheek and I was blushing profusely. We were sitting by a river side under the blanket of dark blue sky embedded with twinkling stars and illuminated with bright silver moon.

The cool breeze was kissing our figures as the trees swayed their heads generating a melodic tune, adding to the blissful atmosphere. I was very happy.

"I love you so much Arjun. I will not be able to live without you. Thank you for coming into my life and making it meaningful and blissful. Promise me you will never leave me" I confessed to him.

He gave me his beautiful smile "I love you too Aadya but.." he stopped his smile slowly fading away like the moonlight. Dark clouds hovered over the moon making the atmosphere dim and dark and the cool breeze escalated to strong and heavy winds.

"But what you have done is unforgivable. How could you do that to my friend Aadya? She lost her life because of you." Arjun's voice turned stern.

"No no Arjun you are misunderstanding. I-I didn't do anything-" i tried to pacify him.

"That is what ,She was laid there in a pool of blood but you did not do anything. How can you be so selfish Aadya? Just because she loved me you decided to let her die." He blamed me.

"No no I tried to save her. Believe me please. I-I did-" I again tried.

"You did what? Only lying is what you have done. First you lied to me about Arhaan, hiding the things going on between you both and now about Anjali. I can't live with you, I am leaving you forever." With that he started taking steps away from me.

"NO NO PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME ARJUN. I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING. I DID NOT KILL HER. PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME. PLEASE" I pleaded crying my heart out but he didn't even turn around or stop for a second.

"Aadya, Aadya wake up. Wake up baby." Arjun's voice broke my sleep as I sat up abruptly only to find myself on the bed and Arjun was cupping my face.

"Arjun I-I really did not do anything. Believe me Anjali di died by accident not because of me. Please please believe me. I did not do anything. Don't leave me please" I was sobbing.

"Shh Shh calm down calm down. I am not leaving you. Never baby. I am here only by your side. See stop crying. I believe you. I know you did not do anything. Now calm down." He cooed me in his soft voice hugging me close to himself.

His warmth helped me calm down and eventually I fell in deep slumber.

Arjun's POV

My eyes opened hearing Aadya's voice. She was mumbling in her sleep. Her face was covered in sweat and I understood she might be having a nightmare. I woke her up and pacified her telling I will not leave her.

Her tears were flowing endlessly and she was sobbing hard on my chest. I kept stroking her back and hair and eventually she fell asleep. Thank god. I pecked her forehead and covered her with duvet.

Her state which I witnessed just now was breaking my heart into million pieces. My baby is still insecure. She was telling something about her not being the reason for Anjali's death. I need to find out about it. I took my phone to see the time and it was 3AM. I sighed and laid back thinking of the events happening in my life.

It had been three weeks since Abeer's engagement and the day I revealed everything to her in my penthouse. She had been acting all distant since then. She did not even tell me proper reason when I asked her on the engagement day.

It was hurting me seeing her avoiding me. It was not like I didn't try to speak with her but she was just not ready. My baby is very stubborn I must say.