Chapter 3 ~ The Car Ride

Aadya's POV

"I mean I know her. She is Abhyuday's sister, Daughter of Mr Kabir Chauhan." He said and looked at me once again. I quickly averted my eyes. I dont know this man was making me feel things. His gaze was giving me butterflies and racing my heart beats.  I assume him to be Arjun the current CEO of Rajvansh Empire. No wonder he knows me because he has collaborated with Chauhans so I presume he must know everything about us. I mean that's how billionaire businessman work right- they do a complete background check before joining hands.

They took me inside despite my protests and I got to know their names. So here I was sitting on the sofa as they wer offering me various things to eat and drink but I chose water I desperately needed it. After I finished gulping down Ragini aunty asked "So you also were studying in Dehli beta?"

I smiled and replied "Yes aunty infact me and Aradhna were in same college. We have exchanged a few words." To which she exclaimed happily "oh really that's a very good thing beta"

"Those few words must have been yours Ms.Aadya, she would have spoken paragraphs." Abeer said making everyone laugh. I laughed too he was a funny man.

"Okay aunty I should get going. My family would be worried besides you must be waiting for Aradhna." I lied the first part but the second part was damn true. They had decorated the whole mansion and even cooked everything according to her likes. It was like a festival in their house. Aradhna is very lucky.

Just then my phone rang and it was my mom. I was waiting for her call I answered it.
"Hello mumma!"
"Ha beta. I know you are Rajvansh's place dont worry their daughter is here with us. Give the phone to Ragini beta." Mom said as I forwarded the phone to Ragini aunty.

"Namaste Meera ji.  Aadya is fine with us. Dont worry Arjun will drop her and pick up Aru with him." Pause and then she gave me my phone mom had cut the call.

"Arjun Drop Aadya to her home and pick up  Aru from there. " she ordered

"Sure maa. I had to give this file to Abhi anyway. You wanna come along Abeer?"
Abeer was about to say something but then he refused "No bhai I'll stay back to welcome her."

"Come Ms.Aadya" he said and I made my way out not before hugging Suneeta and Ragini aunty they were so lovely. The family radiated only love- a familiar yet foreign feeling. Familiar because I have loved people and foreign because never received back.

He went towards his black car and opened the passenger seat door for me. I muttered a small thank you and sat. He too sat in the driver seat and closed the door. My heartbeats increased suddenly and I felt nervous. His presence was intimidating.

He stated driving and there was utter awkward silence. My mind was urging me to speak something anything. I bit my lips not knowing what to do just then he turned the radio on breaking the silence in the car. I was glad the song would subside the silence but that gladness went away immediately when the song started playing

Its been about a month and twenty days
And we're going round and round playin silly games
Now you're saying slow it down not right now
Then you wink at me and walk away

I looked at him widening my eyes to see him concentrated on the road.Does he not know the meaning of this song. God please let the radio break down.

Let it be ,Let it be, Let it be known
Hold on don't go,
Touching me teasing me telling me no
But this time I need to feel you
Ride-

He switched off the radio hurriedly. Thank God. Can this get any more awkward. And I was having the urge to laugh my ass off. I glanced at him to see him already looking at me and I immediately jerked my head looking out of the window hiding my laugh.
Why do I always get the urge to laugh at serious situations.

Then there was throat clearing sound as I turned to see him biting my lower lip to stop smiling.

"Uhm.. Wo... Ms. Aadya I am not that type of guy." He said.

"What type of guy Mr. Rajvansh?" I asked innocently trying my best not to burst out laughing.

"Uhm.. I swear I didn't know that song I never heard it . I didn't put it on purpose. I am not-" he started blabbering and I could not control and burst out laughing.

Oh god he was so cute. I soon composed my self and said "It's fine Mr Rajvansh."
He rubbed his back of the neck embarrassingly.

"You can call me Arjun" he said.

"Only if you call me Aadya." I said and he looked at me intensely. God my stomach twisted and I looked out of the window to avoid. None of us spoke again and we reached our house.

We got out and went inside only to see Aradhna sitting between my mom and dad telling them something while they were listening.

"Aadya" I looked up to see Abhi bhaiya standing near them he smiled broadly as he saw me and came running to me engulfing me in a hug. I was taken aback. But I didn't protest because I needed it. As much as I hate to admit it I missed my bhaiya.

Tears welled up in my eyes but I blinked them away. He left me and soon my mother also hugged me telling "Mera baccha" I smiled happily hugging her back. While Aradhna also hugged her brother.

After the hugging session Arjun came to Abhi bhaiya and handed him the file while Aradhna came to me and said "Aadya look we met again. I am so happy to see you. Hope my maa and badi maa didn't trouble you Oh and Abeer bhai must have eaten your head with his broken humour."

I just smiled replying back "they are very lovely Aradhna. You are lucky to have them."

She was about to tell something when Arjun said "Okay Uncle and Aunty. We will get going you know maa and chachi are waiting for her." He patted her head lovingly. I just stared at them in awe.

"Sure thank you so much Arjun beta for dropping our daughter Home. I hope she didn't trouble you" Mom said and I widened my eye at her choice of words. What am I five.

"Arey there's nothing to thank me aunty and no Aadya didn't cause any trouble." He said smirking looking at me. My cheeks reddened. Oh my God I can't handle this.

~~~~~•••~~~~~

So this was 3rd chapter

Did you like it?

Well the Ride it scene was hilarious wasn't it?

Which scene did you like the most?

Make sure to vote and Comment
Now fill the hollow star 🌟 below jaldi

Love y'all ❤

Insta : purple_uphoria