Chapter 6 ~ Proposal- A Deal

Arjun's POV

I don't know why I didn't like to introduce Anika as my fiance to Aadya. Her frozen reaction told she wasn't expecting this. I felt like I had betrayed her by not telling her earlier. I mean I did shamelessly flirt with her but I just couldn't control myself around her. It was like she was pulling me in.

She was looking ravishing in that black dress. Yet again making me speechless by her appearance. I had seen girls of all types and honestly her brown colour attracted me more than the pale colour that girls nowadays wished to have.

Apart from all this a big weird thing was going in in my family- THEY WERE PLANNING TO ENGAGE AADYA AND ABEER. My mom was hell bent on having Aadya as daughter in law of Rajvansh's. I felt angry at that but then I realised I had no right to be so. I was engaged and it was high time Abeer got himself a partner too. But why Aadya? Could have been anyone but her.

What is happening with me? I should stop feeling all this. I should stop thinking about her. I got myself indulged into work to keep my mind occupied.

By the time I returned home it was 9PM. I didn't have much work to do. I was confused to see gifts and sweet boxes on the table. Everyone were happily chatting.

"Arey Arjun you came. See beta we have finalized that we are going to Chauhan's tomorrow itself to ask Aadya's hand for Abeer. You will also have to come. Now freshen up and have dinner." I felt a pang in my heart.

"But maa did you inform them" I asked.

"Yes beta it is after their affirmation only that we are proceeding." Maa said and I  nodded smiling lightly.

Aadya's POV

To say I was shocked would be an understatement. Like what the hell they want me to be their daughter in law. Despite my protests my parents agreed to let them come over today. According to them it was my perfect age to get married and that too with Rajvansh's. They were beyond happy. Abhi was not home he was out of town for some business so he was also  not there to protest with me. Although I know he behaved like a jerk he would never want me to be married against my will. I swear I will run away on the marriage day if Abeer says yes.

The bell rung indicating they arrived and I suddenly wanted to run from here now itself. Mom,dad and I greeted them (the whole Rajvansh family including Anika was here). They came inside when my mom signalled me to give them tea and snacks.
I served them tea one by one. I glared at Abeer when it was his turn to which he just gulped. After serving Anika I turned to serve Arjun who had his head down thinking something when he looked up to me for the  first time since he came. Our eyes met as he looked at me surprised and took tea.

"So we are ready for this marriage but it will be best if we give the kids some time to talk now. Let them be clear with each other. Afterall they have to live together." Akshay uncle said and I was thankful.

"Sure Mr. Rajvansh. Aadya beta take Abeer to the terrace. Also take Anika and Aradhna with you." Dad said as I nodded and we all went upstairs.

"What the fuck is all this? Let me be clear. I am not going to marry neither you nor anyone. I am not ready for marriage and all. So it's a straight up no from my side and it should be no form your side also." I said threatening Abeer.

"Anikaa Yaar Cime fast or else this lady will bury me alive." He screeched and Anika immediately came to his rescue.

"Before you tell anything I love Abeer." She blurted and I had my mouth opened as I glanced at him. He hit her arm and she said "He also loves me. We love each other."

"Oh that's great" was all i could say.
"Wait! That's not great. You mean you are cheating on Arjun with his brother."

"NO ABSOLUTELY NOT. ME AND ARJUN HAVE NOTHING BETWEEN US. Infact I dont even remember when was the last time we talked." Anika said.

"At the party!" Aradhna said as we all looked at her confused.
"Arey the last time you talked with bhaiya." She said and Anika glared at her.

"Ignoring her. Listen Aadya only you can help us in this. Please listen to us and then decide please" Abeer spoke as I  eyed them suspiciously and signalled them to go on.

"So me and Abeer started having feelings for each other after two months of getting engaged to his brother. By the time we realised it was late. And now we have a plan. All you have to say is yes and Abeer will manage to convince all to keep yours and his marriage before mine and his brother's. Then at the wedding day me and Abeer will run away. And you will be free from this marriage." Anika finished her plan.

"Why don't you go and tell them directly about your love m sure they will agree?" I asked something was fishy about their not so perfect plan.

"No we can't. Mom will chop me alive knowing I am loving Bhai's fiance. Besides you will also be free from your parents bugging for marriage. Think when I will run away you can act heartbroken and then your parents will stop bugging you to get married." Abeer spoke trying to convince me. True tho I could pull some melodrama act and get out of here in the name of wanting to start fresh. About the family's reputation- why should I care when they didn't care about me.

"But Abeer won't aunty chop you if you runaway from the marriage like that?" I asked back just to tease him.

"Hey bhagwan ye aurat toh Anika ko vidvah banane pe tuli hui hai. And I was imagining  mini Abeer's and Anika's calling you badi maa." He said further.

"Badi maa? I am younger than you why will they call me badi maa" I asked as Aradhna and Anika face palmed themselves.

"Uh... okay they will call you choti maa. Concentrate on the emotion Aadya not words. Please say yes our futute depends on you,  our future kids future also depends on you." He said.

"Uhmm... okay I am in. But you guys have to run away on time or I myself will run away." I said and they all stared cheering while jumping and hugging each other.

"So Arjun doesn't love you?" I asked Anika
And she snickered saying "I wouldn't have loved his brother if he loved me." I felt relieved hearing this.

We went down after coming down from the happiness. All looked at me and Abeer expectantly. Abeer said his answer which was a yes. I glanced at Arjun who was looking at me and I tuned to the elders saying "Yes I am ready for this marriage."
And they all sighed happily hugging each other while my mom went to take sweets from the kitchen.

Arjun got up saying he had an important phone call to make. I didn't miss the dissapointed expression on his face. He went to the garden area. I took some sweets and went to give him some informing mom.

His back was facing me while his phone was clutched in his hand.
"I thought you had an important phone call to make." I said as he turned around shocked Obviously not expecting me out of all the people. He looked angry.

"Congratulations Ms Aadya." He told.

"Oh I thought we were on the first name basis." I said trying to irritate him more.

"Exactly we WERE. Now you will be be nothing but my brothers bride to me. Oh and Welcome to the Rajvansh family." He said while gritting his teeth.

I furrowed my brows not understanding why this sudden anger. Before I could say anything he walked past me going inside.

~~~~~••~~~~~

Here's another chapter!!
Did you like it?
Thoda bipolar to hai banda!!

Make sure to vote 🌟 and comment.

Love y'all ❤

Insta : purple_uphoria