Chapter 38 ~ Ignorance

The golden lehenga ☝️mentioned further in the chapter...

Aadya's POV

"We should head back home. Abeer's engagement is just after three days, the preparations need to be looked after." I said while Arjun was looking at me like I am some Alien from another planet.

Ofc he would if this is the 1st thing I say after hearing his past. Nevertheless he nodded. Soon he was driving and I was just looking out of the window lost in my thoughts.

I felt really bad after hearing their story. Indeed emotions and feelings are really strong things. They can either build or destroy relations. Like their likingness for each other built their admirable friendship and then when the same likingess grew further it destroyed their bond.

Their case was complicated and no was to be blamed except the feelings and situation. I didn't blame Arhaan for loving Anjali nor do I blame her to love Arjun and I do not blame Arjun for not loving her as well. Their love triangle was indeed complicated.

But I do blame myself, for taking Anjali's place. I do not know I was feeling really guilty for all that happened. She must be curisng me for taking her life and love...
I knew what I had to do now which would be best for me and Arjun.

I will stay away from Arjun. I had decided that I would leave him after Abeer's marriage. It would be best for us. I do not deserve any of this. I do not deserve his love, his affection and him.

Anjali di was right Arjun was indeed a man with heart of gold and love, and he did not deserve a tainted, imperfect girl like me. An under confident, weak girl me would never be able to match him.

I was not even beautiful enough for him. I wonder what did he even see in me to love me. We would never make a good match. Why did I expect that my life would be perfect? Even after knowing I haven't been loved all my life. God gives people what they deserve and I should know I don't deserve love, never did. It is my fault for keeping expectations.

I hadn't realised we reached home until he spoke "We have arrived."

I quietly got down from the car. As we entered all the family members stood up smiling widely.

"Oh mera bachha you are back. I missed you so much." Mom said engulfing me in a hug and I smiled genuinely at her care.

"I know this house was not lively without you beta. I hope you are fine now. Arjun said you had fever." Chachi too joined.

"Yes I am fine now chachi. Thanks for asking" I replied greatful for her concern.

"Now that I am back we should not delay anything and start the preparations for engagement. Afterall it is my devar who is getting engaged and I want everything to be perfect." I said trying to lighten the atmosphere.

"Oh my god I forgot about my son. But no worries now that you are here I know nothing can go wrong." Dad said and Abeer gasped dramatically.

"Yeh din dikhaane ke liye paida kiya tha aapne!"

"Chalo ji I have full faith the event will be great and Aradhna if your lazy ass does time pass instead of helping Aadya, you better me prepared for consequences." Chachi warned.

"Sure captain. I will definitely help my Bhabhi. She is my favourite afterall." Aradhan said smiling at me.

Soon enough everyone got busy with their works. I had taken the responsibility of arranging everything for my devar ji's wedding basically I had become a wedding planner. Abeer is like a brother and friend, both to me. He is that one positive person whom eveyone needs in their life and I wanted everything to be best for him.