Chpater 20 ~The Accident

Aadya's POV

I was now sitting in the car all tensed from inside but blank from outside. Mom had not let me step outside without finishing the small bowl of curd and sugar. Everyone blessed me and wished me luck.

Aradhna had already started working. She was Assistant Head of Marketing. Looks like I was the only one lazing in home all these days. I don't know about job but I am sure good at wasting the time of life.

I felt a squeeze on my hand which was none other Arjun's. We were sitting in the backseat as the driver drove us to THE RAJVANSH BUILDING. He smiled at me and I returned it.

To say I was amazed would be an understatement. The building was so huge and fancy. Goddamn! I gulped and he said "I am saying it again you own it Aadya." And I rolled my eyes at him. We made our way inside as everyone stopped what they were doing and bowed their head down on seeing Arjun.

Arjun's demeanour changed wholly. He was now looking exactly how the tabloids defined him- ruthless,cold, arrogant and strict. He passed all of them and we entered a lift. He turned to me his expressions softening immediately as he said "I will accompany you to the room where the interview is held."

I shook my head saying "No need Arjun you don't have to-"
"I want to and I am doing it." He cut me off and i sighed. He is very stubborn.

Soon we were standing infront of a transparent door and the people sitting stood up on seeing us- well Arjun exactly. I noticed there were six people. Three old men, two women and Ansh. They all greeted him to which he wished them back and went out. I didn't know Ansh worked here. We only talked once that too in Aradhna's birthday party.

They all looked at me and my heart started beating fast as nervousnes started to kick in.
"Good morning Everyone" I said and they nodded at me.

"Please take a seat" one of them said but they were still standing.

"After you all sir." I said as they all sat down.

So the interview began but mostly Ansh was the one asking questions initially and I tried my best to answer confidently. Then the rest of them also started asking questions later.

"I am quite impressed Mrs. Aadya. You are more into planning and organizing things. The Assistant Head of Planning Department was fired last week so I think you are very apt for the position. What do you all think?" Ansh asked.

"Well I agree, the qualifications are too good to be ignored."

"Looking forward to work with you  Mrs Aadya." 

I smiled as I replied "It's a pleasure for me to work with professional and wonderful people like you. Thank you so much for choosing me."

Ansh stood up and forwarded his hand saying "Welcome to my department" and I accepted his handshake concealing my shockness. So he was the Head of Planning Department.

"Please follow me." He said and led the way to another floor. Some people were writing something in their books and papers, some were typing, some were discussing while a chart was laid between them and some were hastily moving. They looked very busy.

"Attention Everyone" Ansh's voice boomed as they halted their actions. Their eyes widened as they looked at me. Ofc who wouldn't be shocked if their boss's wife popped out of nowhere. "I want to introduce you all to our  Department's New Assistant Head- Aadya Arjun Rajvansh." He said and everyone stood straight as they bowed their heads down.

"Good Morning everyone present here. Please consider me as the position alotted to me and not as your boss. Looking forward to work with you all." I said and they just smiled nodding their heads.