Chapter 5 ~ He Is What...?

Arjun's POV

Today was Aru's birthday. My little angel would turn 23 today. I am very happy for her. Today the whole Rajvansh mansion was decorated like a bride. The party would held in the evening. Not much people were invited as it her wish to celebrate it with our close friends and relations. There would be our family,Aadya's family, Anika's family and a few of Aru's friends and mine and Abeer's friends.

That day Aadya was looking cute in that night dress. It must have been very embarrassing for her but it was amusing for me. I don't know what got into me that I could not resist my urge to compliment her and the slight redness on her cheek afterwards was worth it. She was cute. Agh! Aadya stop entering in my brain. But what's the point when she has already entered my heart.

Aadya's POV

We were currently going to the Rajvansh mansion in a car. I was wearing a black full sleeve full length dress which was a little revealing at the back but I left my hair open styling with black choker and black dangling earrings. Why was I wearing black- Yea it was definitely not because Arjun complemented me.

We all entered the hall and there were nearly 100 people. Okay should I go back home and watch Netflix while chilling. I was pulled out of my thoughts when Ragini and Suneeta aunty along with Akshay and Laxman uncle came to greet us.

Walking towards the birthday girl we all wished her and she was looking very beautiful in her white princess gown. Then she got busy with thanking the guests who were wishing her.

I was standing beside Abhi bhaiya as Abeer came and they both hugged each other as Abeer said while patting my shoulder"Oh wow Aadya you look beautiful. Black really suits you" I blushed as I was reminded of a certain someone. A throat clearing sound was made by Abhi bhaiya as he said "Keep your hands to yourself"

"Getting protective huh" Abeer said Smirking.

"Ofc I need to if there are flirts like you." He said.

"Looks like you forgot me Abhyuday." A man said as he came towards Abhi bhaiya and hugged him telling "Long time man. Where did you disappear?"

Abhyuday rolled his eyes telling " I was here only it was you who was on a week's  leave."

"Oh who is this beautiful girl here? Hi pretty lady I am Ansh Kapoor" The man said taking my hand and placing a kiss on it.

"Dont even think" Abhi  bhaiya's stern voice came as he pulled my hand out of his grip.

"Hello I am Aadya Chauhan." I said introducing myself when Abhyuday added "MY SISTER" I looked at him puzzled. What drama was he playing or was he really protective of me.  Ansh raised his hands in defeat.

"Y'all are enjoying without me. Not fair."
When the most awaited man made his appearance. I looked at him. He was wearing a black tuxedo hugging his body  perfectly with his hair styled and gelled. The light beard across his face and everything just added up to his handsome and hot self. I realised we were twinning

I frowned to see him approaching with a girl beside him although they did not touch each other. She was pretty and was wearing purple off shoulder full length dress as her hair was tied in a loose bun. She was twinning with Abeer.The silver jewellery adoring her fair skin. She was beautiful.

"Enjoying? More like Abhyuday being jerky and protective of his sister" Ansh's comment pulled me out of my thoughts.

Arjun glanced at me once passing me a smile before saying "Welcome to the party Mr and Ms Chauhan. I hope you like it here."
And Abhyuday said "Sure we like it here"
Then the I looked at the lady and Arjun hesitantly said " Oh.. uhm.. meet my fiance Anika Malhotra. And Anika this is Aadya Chauhan, Abhyuday's sister."

"Hello Aadya I've heard a lot about your from Abhyuday. Glad to meet you finally."
The lady smiled heartily while taking me in a hug while I was frozen hearing those words. He was what? Engaged. How did I not know this? We pulled back.

"Hello Anika nice to meet you too."
I kept a fake smile on my face. I glanced at Arjun to see his eyes down.

I excused myself and made my way towards the balcony to have some fresh air. I was feeling bad. No I shouldn't. I must have known he would have someone for himself. Why would he be interested in me when an absolute beauty was present for him. I wanted to get out and go home and sleep.

"Bacha come they are calling for cake cutting." Abhi's voice came and I turned around going with him. Abhi bhaiya never left my side the whole party. He was there with me when I was alone or when some random boy tried to approach me ofcourse not with good intentions. He was behaving all good and like a real brother the older him- who used to love me immensely and would anything for my smile. I don't know what changed but I wanted to forgive him, but not that easily. He had to work harder.

After the cake cutting everyone were enjoying themselves when Anila came to me.
"Will you keep sticking to her or let her have fun? Go away now I am taking her. Come Aadya." Anika said Abhi bhaiya nodded mutterring be careful and Anika dragged me with her.

We were now sitting and talking. Honestly  Anika was very kind. I had expected her to be that bitchy fake lady. But I was wrong.
"So... since when are you and Mr. Rajvansh engaged if you dont mind me asking." I asked unsure whether she would answer or not.

"Oh 6 months ago. Actually my mom and Ragini aunty are bestfriend so they decided to engage me to Mr. Arjun." She said.

"You don't call him by name." I asked at her addressing.

"Oh we are not close enough you see so I feel awkward calling him by his name." She said making me confused further.

"M sorry for asking but 6 months and you are guys are not even on 1st name basis." I couldn't control myself. She looked down but before she could say anything Aradhna came with her friends as she started introducing me to them.

I had seen Anika taking frequent glances at Abeer and him also staring back at her.
That was quite fishy but I dismissed it thinking they were friends after all they studied in the same college and had known each other since then.

Soon the party came to end and we all went back. I didn't try to search for Arjun afterwards. I left hope. I shouldn't like an engaged man. It was wrong. I immediately went to my bed after freshing up hoping a good sleep help me feel peace. But little did I know this peace was calm before storm.

~~~~~••~~~~~

Here's another chapter!!
How was it?

Make sure to vote 🌟 and comment

Love y'all ❤

Insta : purple_uphoria