Chapter 18 ~ Sprained Ankle

Aadya's POV

Rubbing my eyes I woke up when the sunlight from the windows peeked into the room falling on my face. I looked at the clock it was 8AM,but it was sunday. So it's fine if I am late, i guess. I closed my eyes again to sleep as i had slept late last night.

My eyes shot open remembering last night. Arjun confessed. He wants to give this marriage a chance. He wants my answer. I turned towards my left to not find him there. He was not here. I sighed. I don't know my answer honestly. My heart is screaming to say yes but my mind is holding me back.

I should freshen up and go downstairs before he comes. Also I need to talk with the elders about my job. I had submitted my form to few companies and some accepted, so I needed to go for interview.

I decided to wear a pastel pink kurti with palazzo. Paring it with oxidised earrings I let my hair open as I was too lazy to do any hairstyle. I walked out of the closet and stopped on my tracks seeing Arjun. Why? Because he was standing in his white shirt near the table with coffee in his one hand and a file in another which he was reading, that too his buttons were open leaving a display of his hot abs for me. Can I get them framed so that I can ogle at them without any disturbances?

Before I could again get caught checking him I  moved my eyes up to find him smiling at me. Fuck! I started walking hastily towards the door but dashed my foot to the end of the bed post. I screamed as wave of pain struck my right ankle. Gosh why do I have to be so clumsy.

Arjun immediately came to me and made me sit on the bed while I was wincing in pain. "Careful Aadya... why were you in such a hurry." To avoid you. He said worriedly kneeling before me taking my right ankle in his hands. He touched a spot and I winced again.

"Sit here I'll get the ointment. You didn't have your breakfast right?" He asked and i shook my head.
"I'll bring our breakfast here itself now sit silently and don't move." He said and went to get the ointment he also didn't have breakfast. My god it was painting so much, it was swollen a little.

He came back thankfully buttoning his shirt and started applying while I was trying my best not to scream my lungs out and jerk my foot out of his hold.

"It'll pain so you won't be able to walk for a day or two. Where was you mind huh?"  He asked the last part a little strictly and I pouted lightly.All your fault Arjun why did you have to look so hot and distract me ughh.

"It's nothing big, don't worry. I can walk let's go downstairs everyone must be waiting for us" I said trying to divert the topic.

"Don't change the topic, also you are not going anywhere until you want me to pick you and take you. I won't mind it tho." He sounded serious.

"Go bring food fast I am hungry." I said and he smirked and went downstairs and I released a breath.

Arjun's POV

I want down and greeted everyone.

"Where is Aadya beta?" Mom asked.

"Mom actually she can't walk she-" I was saying

"Omggg she can't walk. Bhai I didn't know you were so fast in executing plans. Now I can't wait for the good news." Abeer exclaimed. Aradhna gasped as she also joined."Oh my god oh my god. Where is Bhabhi? I will talk to her after breakfast."

Mom and chachi gave me teasing smiles while dad said "Not bad Arjun." The fuck! How can they even assume that. Thank god Aadya isn't downstairs.

"Can you all stop for God's sake. She sprained her ankle that's why she can't walk and we are having our breakfast in our room itself." I said before they could tease me further.