Chapter 10 ~ The Wedding

Arjun's POV

Today was the day my Abeer would get married. My younger brother would finally become a family man and I  couldn't be much happy. He surely loves Aadya.

All this week I avoided Aadya maybe she noticed it too, but I have to overcome the attraction or infatuation that I have for her. I can't have these feelings it's wrong.

I was walking here and there looking at the preparation whether they are done properly or not. You know being the groom's brother is hectic. There were people who could work instead of me but come on it's my brother's wedding I wanted to make sure everything is perfect myself.

"Arjun go and check on Abeer. Also take Ansh with you. You both help him get ready." Mom ordered and I nodded. I looked around to find Ansh standing and talking-opps flirting with one of my cousins. I rolled my eyes and called him. He excused himself and came to me.

"What happened bro?" He asked

"Nothing. Mom asked us to help Abeer get ready." I said.
We both started going upstairs when Aradhna was coming down while smiling to the fullest. She looked at us and that smile faltered immediately.

"Where are you guys going?" She asked.

"To help the groom run away" Ansh replied and her eyes widened.

I glared at him and said " to help Abeet get ready. Where are you going?"

She sighed in relief and answered "To take pics. Ofc it's my bhai's wedding I'll have to enjoy to the fullest." I smiled at her and she went away.

I knocked on Abeer's door but no response came. Weird. I knocked again and no response. I frowned and Ansh said "Maybe he went to washroom."

I knocked again and same. Okay something was fishy. I looked at Ansh to find him looking at me already. We both gave a nod to each other and pushed the door with our shoulders. Once and twice. It opened.

There was no one on the room. His clothes were on the bed itself. My heart started beating fast. No this can't be. Ansh walked further as I checked in bathroom calling his name.

"Arjun look at this." Ansh said going to the nightstand beside the table. It was a paper folded. We looked at each other and I picked the paper unfolding it.

I am very sorry  bhai.
I can't do this I love Anika and she loves me too.
Sorry mom, dad, chachi and chachu.

My heart dropped in the my stomach on reading the note. No this can't be. What about Aadya? How will she feel after knowing my brother left her?
Ansh took the paper from me while I was still in shock.

"WHAT THE HELL? HE LOVES ANIKA. SHE TOO. WHAT IN THE WORLD?" he shrieked as he ran a hand through his hair.

"What will happen to Aadya when she comes to know? She will be heart broken" I said while Ansh stared  at me in shock.

"You.. you are worrying for Aadya.. what about your family? What will uncle and aunty feel when they'll get to know Arjun." He said.

Oh shoot! Yes mom and dad. He started panicking and while I fished my phone out of the pocket trying to call Abeer but it was switched off. Ofc it will be. I tried calling Anika too but her phone was also switched off.

"Look Ansh go down and try to act as if nothing happened. I will go and search for Abeer meanwhile." I said and he nodded and turned to go away but there was Dad standing looking at us.

"Why will you search for Abeer. Where did he go?"  Dad asked and I clutched the note hiding it behind my back.

"Nothing uncle he went to get a haircut." Ansh lied. Good reasonable lie.
Dad narrowed his eyes at us and looked at my hand which was back. He walked to us with stern eyes.

He forwarded his hand signalling me to show what I had hidden "Uhm Dad you go down and look I'll call Abeer he will be here any minute don't-" I was cut when he said "Arjun" it meant he was serious .I gulped and handed him the note. His eyes widened as he looked at us and we gave a curt nod.

So here we were in the groom's room. Mom was crying her eyes out while chachi was comforting her, Dad was pacing back and forth while Chachu was sitting holding his head. Aradhna was standing near the door along with Ansh.

"The marriage will happen. Already everyone has arrived. We can't back off plus it will affect both the families  reputation specially Aadya's. So what if Abeer is not there. Arjun will take his place" Dad  said as he stopped pacing around making everyone shocked. I was shocked myself.

"Dad are you in your senses. Do you know what you are asking me to do?" I said.

"Arjun beta your dad is right. You have to marry Aadya in order to save our's and her's respect. Do it for us beta please" Chachu said joining his hand and I immediately lowered his hands with mine.

"Bhaiya please do this for Aadya." Aradhna said.

I nodded reluctantly they were right all the preparations were done, guests were ready, baraat was ready even the bride was ready. I could not let my family's head down in shame. Afterall it is my responsibility as the eldest to uphold the name of RAJVANSH'S at any cost.

I got ready wearing Abeer's dress and we set out with the baraat. I don't know how did the elders dealt with the situation but everyone were quiet which I am thankful for. Soon we reached the venue. The marriage was kept in a grand hotel in the garden area.

Meera aunty did my aarti and fed me with sweet. Soon we went inside and I was instructed to sit near the holy fire in the mandap as the muhurat was getting over.
The priest asked to bring the bride. I had my head down all the while scared to meet Aadya's disappointed and hurt eyes. Soon everyone stood up and gasps were heard yea she definitely came when I heard Aradhna telling 'so beautiful'. My eyes themselves went up to see her.

And my breath hitched to see her looking so ethereal. She was looking firecracker,hot, beautiful, elegant and what not in that red lehenga and gold jewellery- like a royal queen. My eyes were glued on her as she was walking with her eyes down alongside her mother.

"Close your mouth Arjun." Ansh's voice brought me into the real world. I  immediately looked down when she sat next to me. Soon the wedding rituals started.

Her father did her Kanyaadan with tears in his eyes. She was sitting not a tear in her eyes. Then we offered ghee and dry fruits as we took the vow to unite in this marriage infront of the holy fire-Havan.

Next followed Shilarohan. She stepped over a small rock as a demonstration of her resolve to overcome any burdens within the household and execute her duties to her best ability.

Then for Gathbandhan Aradhna came forward and tied her ghooghat's end with my scarf indicating we were now tied by this holy bond and we were single unit.

I took her hand in mine as we stood up for Saat Phere. After taking our vows around the holy fire, we sat down again as it was time for sindoor filling.

Aradhna and her mother came forward as they lifted her mangtika and ghoonghat. I took a pinch of sindoor as I filled it in her hair partition. She closed her eyes as some of it fell on her nose and I wiped it with my little finger. And for the first time she looked into to my eyes. I felt a sudden increase in  my heart beats and I gulped.

The priest passed me the mangalsutra and I took it and tied it around her neck successfully controlling myself not to get distracted by her. I noticed a small mole between her collarbones in the centre. I smiled. After tieing the mangalsutra we were finally married. She was mine and I was hers from this moment.

The priest congratulated us and declared us married. We stood up to take the elders blessings. After taking everyone's blessings  it was time for her Vidaai.

~~~~~••~~~~~

So the D-day!!
I don't know much about the hindu rituals but I tried to include only marriage rituals. Feel free to correct me if anything is wrong.
Make sure to vote 🌟(its their marriage bhai)

Love y'all ❤

Insta : purple_uphoria