Chapter 16 ~ Confrontation

Aadya's POV

We received a call from Arjun that he would be here to pick me up after having dinner with us which mom insisted. I didn't realise it was 8 already. Time passes soon with your loved ones. I had so much fun with mom and bhai.

Yes I gave him an earful for whatever he did with Arjun. I smiled remembering his cute apology again. Seriously he looked so tensed like his life depended on it. So generous of him. Soon there was a car honk heard and I knew he was here. I was setting the table for dinner when Dad and Abhi bhiya welcomed him.

Soon we all had dinner and bid our goodbyes to everyone. I didn't forget to take the small bag in which I had stuffed my night suits and a few more belongings.

"What is this?" He asked as we neared his car.

"Oh just some of my belongings." I answered.

We both sat and drove away. Yet again it was silent and an awkward one maybe because of the embarrassment he faced morning. I decided to break the ice.
"It's fine."

He thinned his brows asking "Sorry?"

"For today morning's apology. You said you really meant that sorry so I just said it's fine. And I mean it too" I replied shrugging.

He hummed rubbing the back of his neck. He does that when is embarrassed I guess.
I chuckled and the rest of the ride was silent. A comfortable silence.

We reached home and I greeted everyone.
Aradhna hugged me saying "I missed you Bhabhi. Hope you didn't enjoy much without me."

"Ofc I did. You were not there to eat  my head." I teased back and she showed me her tongue.

"Finally you are back Bhabhi. You have no idea how much bhai was missing you." Abeer said as he came downstairs. I raised my eyebrow in surprise while Arjun was shooting daggers at him.

"M freshening up" Arjun declared and went towards our room ignoring Abeer.
Abeer went to the kitchen and I followed him.

"He's still not talking to you?" I asked.

"I never tried to make it up for him." He said .

"What!! Why?" I shrieked.

"I am scared to face him, with what face will I talk with him?... what if he doesn't forgive me? I have shared every moment of my life with him-happy,sad,embarrassed, funny and what not. But I..." he said in low voice.

I kept a hand on his shoulder and said "I understand it must be difficult to confront him but trust me he will forgive you. His anger for you is momentary but his love is infinite. Just go and bug him till he talks with you. M sure he will not be able to resist himself."

He smiled at me and said "Thank you so much. I needed it. You know I was thinking of kidnapping you if he doesn't forgive me."
I furrowed my brows.

"Beacuse then he would have happily forgiven me. You know he is whipped for you." He teasingly said and I rolled my eyes saying "Whatever makes you sleep at night. By the way best of luck m sending your brother to the garden. Talk with him. Good night"

I walked to our room and found him standing in the balcony in his casuals.
"Arjun Dad wants you to meet him at the garden." I lied and he nodded going out.

I went to change into my night clothes but I was shocked as soon as I entered the closet. There were numerous new night suits. I gasped don't tell me he got this. I changed into the ones I got from my home. I need an explanation from him regarding all this. I am going to tell him that he doesn't need to spend his money on me. With what relation is he doing all this? Husband-wife. But there's nothing that sort between us. I can't accept all this. I needed to talk with him. Why is he doing all this?

I was pacing back and forth waiting for him to arrive. After nearly 40 mins he arrived with a big smile on his face. Before he could say something I asked "Did you buy all that?"

"Uhm yes... I hope you like them. We can return them if you don't like the-"

I cut him off saying "No I like them but you didn't have to get SO MANY. I mean why did you even get it?"

"I just wanted to make you happy. I didn't know you wouldn't like that" He said in a sad voice. Heck I didn't mean that.

"Arjun you don't have to buy me things to make me happy... I can manage my expenses you don't have to pay for everything." I said. I felt like he was simply wasting his money.

"I know you can. But there's nothing wrong in a husband spoiling his wife." He said.

"Right. But are we really like normal husband and wife? We both know this marriage wasn't supposed to happen. Heck we didn't even know we would marry each other like an hour before our marriage. I don't know how to say but why are you behaving like a good husband when you haven't accepted me. I understand you have to act infront of the world but you don't have to act infront of me also. I already told you that we will separate after sometime so you can be free-"

I was cut when he hugged me all a sudden saying "I like you. I have liked you ever since I've laid my eyes on you. You have no idea what you make me feel wherever you are around." He let go of and wiped my tears that I didn't notice were flowing.
"And I didn't act infront of the world or you. Whatever you've seen till now is me only. My actions and the words I have uttered are genuine. I am really sorry it's my fault I couldn't tell it earlier and gave you the benefit of doubt. But I want to give this relationship a chance. I want to give our marriage a chance. I would love to be your better half and walk down the path of life with you beside me, only if you want me. I don't want to have the freedom where you are not with me. I have accepted with you with every inch of my soul and I don't think I will be able to let you go. Tell me will you give US a chance?" He asked cupping my cheek.

I was frozen on my spot not knowing what to say genuinely. I never expected him to like me. But he just admitted that he did. But what if he also leaves me once his liking stops. What if he also rejects me like everyone around me have done? Like Abhi bhaiya and Dad.

Seeing me quite he said "Please answer me after taking your time. I am ready to wait. There's no need to hurry"

All I did was nod as I I indeed needed time. This was the first time someone had said they like me. And I was beyond happy that the person whom I liked also liked me back, For the first time.

But I was skeptical more like afraid because nothing good has happened in my life apart from him. What if his liking also is momentary? Should I really give this relationship a chance? But I don't know how a relationship works I've never been in one.

That night I fell asleep late praying god to not snatch Arjun away from me.

~~~~~••~~~~~

Here's another chapter!!
So the mini confession. Yeah the real one will be later...

Thank you everyone who  voted on last chapter 🧡🧡
Make sure to vote 🌟 and comment. We are close to 100 votes and 1k views. Agshsgsjjsbsbs I can't believe...

Love y'all ❤

Insta : purple_uphoria