Chapter 4 ~ Good Morning

Arjun's POV

Aadya. The name and face roaming in my head ever since I've laid my eyes on her. Sure I was damn embarrassed about the incident in car. I swear I really didn't know that song. And by trying of clarify myself I made a fool out of myself.

The moment I put that song I could feel her widened gaze on me making me tensed but I didn't look cuz driving was important you were nervous to look at her okay yea I was.
But that is not the thing. The thing is she knew the song- that means she is not innocent like she looks.

That was our last interaction,a week ago and it had left me yearning for more. I don't know what was special about her that I was attracted to her maybe it was the way she dressed elegantly in her maroon anarkali suit , the jhumkas she wore that were hidden by her silky smooth dark brown hair which I wanna touch or maybe it was her honey brown skin that glowed in sunlight giving her a golden glow.

"Thinking about Aadya"

"Yes" I replied but soon jerked my head to see Aru seating beside me on the couch smirking at me. Shit I shouldn't have said. Since that day she had developed a weird obsession of shipping me and Aadya.

"Aru you know m engaged. Stop this" I said.

"Oh come on bhaiya you and me both know that you don't love Anika di nor does she love you- Oh and please stop that I'll fall in love after marriage. I know it's true but it wont work if you already like someone else. Why dont you understand that?" She completed her speech.

I sighed and said "I have an important meeting to attend. I'll leave." Placing a kiss on her forehead I went to office to attend the meeting. Day after tomorrow was Aru's Birthday and we were planning to throw a party. I would meet Aadya again.

Aadya's POV

It's been a week since I met Arjun Rajvansh that too only once but still he was in my mind. But I was dismissing it saying that it's just a small crush like I used to have. I mean he was hot and handsome. The way that white shirt was hugging his body like second skin and his veiny hands on the steering wheel had me drooling over him.

But I shouldn't think of him that often because well- let's just say he was out of my league. He is the Arjun Rajvansh we are talking a about there are lakhs of girls who are interested in him. Why would he like me.I was never proposed by any guy in my 23 years of my life. Maybe m too ugly to be loved.

Few guys tried to befriend me but it was because they wanted something from me. They would want help in studies or assignments, or my help to set them up with the girl I know. Honestly It used to hurt in my teenage years. I used to think why don't I have any guy friends or boyfriends when everyone around me were couples. But I got used to it with time. I got to know people will not love me,they will just use me. In the end all I learned was how to be strong alone.

So no thinking about him anymore you'll end up being hurt again. Comforting myself I took out my laptop to search for jobs out of Lucknow. Abhi bhaiya was trying to talk with me and behaving nice I don't know why. I would just go away from the place he was there. Or just reply shortly. In short I was ignoring him. If he doesn't need me then I also don't need him.

"What are you doing?" Abhi bhaiya's voice came. I instantly jerked my head backwards to see him peeping in my laptop. I quickly closed it. And got up to leave when he held my wrist stopping me.
I gave a blank look to him and he said "I know you are looking for jobs. But Aadya why look for job when you own a company. You can join as Head of the Planning Department."

I jerked my wrist out of his grip and said "That company is yours and Dad's. I am not interested to join in your company."
I went from there.

Next day

I had stayed up late at night watching Netflix so I woke up late. I looked at the time 10 am. I lazily went downstairs while straighting my hairs with my fingers to look for mumma. I was wearing a black night suit the one with shirt and pants.I don't know I have a weird habit of searching for my mom morning. I will go laze in the kitchen then mom should  scold me to get freshen up then only I go and freshen up. Hehe

I covered my mouth as a yawn escaped.I came down but stopped hearing laughs and chatters. I opened my eyes only to be met with the sight of Aradhna and Abeer sitting on the couch with Abhi bhaiya and Mumma. I looked at them as they looked at me. I blinked my eyes once. Twice. Thrice then they all looked at my left and I tuned to my left to see Arjun standing there who had paused what seemed to be wiping his hands with towel. He looked at me from head to toe and I widened my eyes as I looked at my mom and she glared at me.
"Good Morning" Arjun said smirking.
Without thinking twice I ran upstairs when I head everyone laughing.

Oh god please let the earth swallow me. What the fuck did just happen? Why did I have to get embarrassed? Urgh!! All the blame on my weird habit. Argh!! How will I face them now? I was screaming in pillow. 

Wait! Why are they here tho? Why do I care anyway I am not going down. Yeah I will not go down.

"Aadya freshen up and come fast" my mom yelled and I groaned in frustration before replying I mean screaming yes.

After taking my sweet time- as if my mom would allow me- I was finally ready for the day. Wearing my earrings I finished my look as I saw my reflection in the mirror. I was wearing lavender coloured anarkali.Hmm I looked good. I smiled looking at myself.
I was contemplating to go downstairs or not. I kept my hand on the door knob when a there was loud knock and jumped back scared.

"Are you still sleeping or are you done?" Came my mom's voice and I  sighed in relief and opened the door. My mom had an irritated face but when she a took a good look at me she smiled telling "Beautiful" but after one sec "Why did you take so much time? Aradhna is waiting for you from that time and you are taking your own sweet time. Come fast"

"Wait! Why would she want to meet me?" I asked.

"That she will only tell you now come" saying she started dragging me downstairs while I kept my head low knowing I am gonna be embarrassed as fuck.

"Oh you are finally here. You know I was waiting for you. Tomorrow is my birthday and I have specially come to invite you all. I know aunty,uncle and Abhi will come but you will not. Now that m here you will have to come orelse I will drag you myself" Aradhna finished . God does she not get tired. It was true even in Delhi back then I avoided all the parties  like plague. I didn't like socialising.

"Sure I will come. But why did you take the trouble of  coming here you could have just called me." I said as I eyed the brother sister trio. Abeer was smirking at me and so was his so called elder brother.

"Oh come on like you would have really come besides I would have missed the amazing sight you blessed us with earlier." She said smirking too. Seriously what's with Rajvansh siblings and smirking.
I gave an awkward smile to that.

They all sat for a few more minutes before taking their leave. But what I wasn't able to forget was Arjun's comment when Aradhna went to drink water in kitchen with mumma and Abeer and Abhi  bhaiya were busy playing games on their phones- they were having a duel. I was sitting on one of the single couch when he came to take his car key which was beside the couch I was sitting.

"I thought maroon suits you the most but I was wrong. Black looks even better."

~~~~~••~~~~~

Here's another chapter!!

How was it?
Ur fav scene?
Do you also have that weird habit what our Aadya has?

Make sure to vote 🌟 and comment.

Love yall❤

Insta : purple_uphoria