Chapter 14 ~ The Reception

Arjun's POV

She went outside the room saying she will be back. I released the breath that I had been holding. Gosh that was close...
I had bought a diamond ring to gift her as our wedding gift and also I wanted her to wear the ring given by me. I had kept it in the drawer and she was standing near it.

I thought I was caught that is why stared blankly. But she looked disturbed. Anyway I still haven't complimented her for the delicious kheer she made for me. Ahh just the thought that she made for me made me giddy. Why am I behaving like a teenage girl who got a 'hi' text from her crush?

Abeer tried to speak with me but I gave a cold shoulder. He should know how it felt when i got to know that he loved Anika through someone who was not him. Soon everyone got busy with the preparations for today's evening.

The marriage was not done in the presence of media. So there were no cameras and we had ordered all the relatives to not reveal anything that happened on the wedding day. And they did not because who wants to lose their job and respect by crossing Rajvansh's.

Soon it was time. Mom, dad, chachi and chachu left for the venue to look after the final preparations. Abeer, Anika and Aradhna too left. So only me and Aadya were home.

I got ready in other room as our room was occupied by Aadya. I went to our room after a servant informed me that she was ready. I entered the room to be met with a gorgeous sight. There was Aadya in her maroon saree with golden border jewelled in gold and those dark brown hair flowing freely.

She looked so elegant and ethereal. I was just staring at her awe, at this point I didn't even care if my mouth was open. She smiled seeing me.

"You look so beautiful Mrs.Rajvansh" I could not stop myself from complementing her.

Her smile grew wider as she replied "Thank you. You too look very good." I nodded and went towards her. She was standing near the drawer where the ring was kept. I  think it's time. She started looking everywhere but me. As I went closer she gulped.

"We shall leave orelse we will get late" she said nervously.

"Dont worry the event won't start till we go. So..." I said placing my hand on the table on either side of her and she looked down. One thing I learned she can't handle close proximity and would get shy and nervous when ever I am around her. And I loved to see her like that.

She stilled in her place when I inhaled her scent leaning in. Damn she smelled so addictive. Full intoxicating with that lavender smell.

"You know my favourite flower?" I asked
She shook her head.
"It were roses but now its lavenders." I said.
And she just looked at me smiling lightly. The red colour was visible on her cheeks only because I was close to her.I took out the ring by the time she was distracted.

"By the way Mrs. Rajvansh,I have something to give you." I said backing away a little.

"What is it?" She questioned.

I took the ring from the small box as she widened her eyes in awe.

"I know it's late but I didn't know how to say this. The kheer was very delicious." Just like you. "I think I will bug you to make it oftenly. And this is a gift from my side. May I?" I asked forwarding my hand. She licked her lips and gave her hand in mine.

Fuck the butterflies. I slipped the ring in her ring finger and she smiled.
"Thank you so much for this Arjun ji." She said. Damn it sounds good- my name from her mouth.

"But I don't have anything to gift you." she pouted lightly and I wanted to cup her face and kiss her. You are enough for me.

"Shall we go?" I asked and she nodded. The driver drove us to the venue. She fisted her hand on the sides of her saree when we reached the venue. She must be nervous. Maybe she is not used to media, attention  and stuff because I haven't seen her in any public events with Chauhans.